Has Ecler gone out of business?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Ecler gone out of business?

Howdy folks!

I've been a fan of Ecler mixers ever since I got into DJing, and I'm thinking about upgrading my current Nuo 2.0, but as far as I can tell, they haven't put out a new product in at least a few years, and their website doesn't seem to have been updated since 2009. Does anyone know if their mixers are even still in production??

Thanks!

I have been asking myself the same thing as it has been a fair while since they've made a new model, but I think with all these new controllers on the market every 5 months people are really getting used to the idea of new shit every time a Musikmesse or NAMM comes around. Look at the Xone range for example, there was a pretty sizeable timeframe (to my knowledge at least) between the release of the DB4 & 2 and their latest round of the Xone92/3D/4D

As pointed out to me by someone on DJF a while back, their "old" range is pretty damn good tbh. I personally think the EVO4/5 were a fair bit ahead of its time.

Not going to lie I would LOVE for them to release a new 4 channel mixer, as it would be quite exciting to see what they come up with. I would however be quite happy with a Nuo5 or 4.0.

Sorry went totally off topic here, to answer your question I think they are still a company for sure. As far as them still producing mixers I believe they release them in rather small quantity and maybe most likely in just the European market.

Yeah Ecler has been dead silent and it looks that way. I know the economy in spain right now isn't great right now..

http://www.eclerdjdivision.com/

The last update on their website is from 2009...

Also on their facebook page there is a post saying the took down their forums because so many people were complaining and there is no support for any of the evo mixers anymore on modern OSes.

So yeah, looks like they've abandoned ship and whatever remains of the company looks like a facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    people were complaining and there is no support for any of the evo mixers anymore on modern OSes.
    Are you saying that they only work on XP windows machines? What about the Nuo 4? Would one have to boot to an older os to make use of its midi functions?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

The evos don't work on 64 bit OSes I don't think.

Tech Mentor

I believe they had a booth at BPM 2011, that would be the last activity i can recall.

They are still active as a company, they just haven't been making DJ gear.

Quote Originally Posted by herlsy View Post
    I believe they had a booth at BPM 2011, that would be the last activity i can recall.
    Are you sure? I was at bpm 2011 and dont recall seeing them. I'm a big fan ecler too, excellent hardware.

I think they may have done a pioneer and built a product so well that they never need replacing, and when a business stops making money, well . . .
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

The Evo 5 worked fine on my Mac running OS X 10.5. Not sure about anything after that but I see no reason it would be a problem; it's a class compliant FireWire audio card. However, I don't think we'll ever see a firmware update on those units again.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

If it's true that they are giving up, it will be a great loss.. I was hoping they would release a new series of analogue mixers, in contrary to the all-digital the other great brands are putting out.

Quality, ergonomics, the EQs, simplicity.. Quality! That's what their mixers represent. Even when I get other mixers I will never sell my Eclers.

Last update in 2009 probably means bad news, though they still seem to make mixers as they are available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast