Should i buy these?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should i buy these?

My dad is going to Miami in a few weeks, and since he supports me in everything i do, he told me:
    ''I'm going to miami, it's the time for you to get good gear and move out of that keyboard'' ( My midi keyboard i mapped for mixing lol )

So first thing that came to my head:
    Traktor S2
    Kontrol X1
    And some headphones ( which should i get? )

Do you think the traktor s2 + x1 is a good combo? I'm a 2 deck mixer, so a 4 deck like the s4 wouldn't be so much use. I'm starting to use samples, and that worries me, since you can't trigger samples with the s2.

One last thing, i can't afford so much, i'm paying half he's paying half. no richy richy

If you want to play with samples keep it all in one and go for the S4.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

What does Miami have to do I'm lost

Tech Mentor

I'm guessing he doesn't live in the States, and wants to profit from the relatively profitable exchange rate.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If you want to play with samples keep it all in one and go for the S4.
    I'm guessing there's cheaper alternatives? like sample triggers, i've seen lots out there i just can't recall the names. Since the s2 is only 399 and the s4 is 899 that's 500$ i can use on other shit like the headphones i'd need and the x1

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I'm guessing he doesn't live in the States, and wants to profit from the relatively profitable exchange rate.
    Exactly this. Since my dad is going there, he just needs to buy it and bring it in his luggage and i won't be charged 30$ shipping.

On another hand, i could manage to get the money for the S4 before he leaves, but i need you guys to tell me which should get, S4 or S2+Kontrol x1+ sample trigger? (thinking of a novation lauchpad) ?
    Last edited by JulianVeloso; 03-11-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Tech Wizard

For samples you can use the akai lpd8 and for headphones you can use the koss ur 20 they work great

get an s2 and wait for the k1?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

i'd still go with the S4 if its financially an option. S2 is nice but with the new features coming to Traktor i would want to make sure i have the most options in terms of controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    get an s2 and wait for the k1?
    +1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast