SERIOUS TRAKTOR PROBLEMS! please help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

my 7x64 passed the latency checker fine however i was still getting the pauses/pops/dropouts. a few things to try:
    - you say you have switched wi-fi off, have you simply switched it off or have you disabled it in the device manager.
    - whilst in device manager, go to batteries, and disable microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery

by doing this i eliminated all issues and it runs fine, however i still run the power script as it takes cpu usage right down.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Buying a powerfull machnie doesn't mean AUDIO apps (like Traktor) will run without hassle ON WINDOWS. Drivers are the issue, hardware is powerfull enough tu run Traktor (keylock ON, 4 filters ON + eff), Ableton and browsing facebook on the same time (maybe more), however the OS and drivers can't handle it, simply because it is not optimzed enough (do I really need to say why MAC can do that without any hassle?)...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CrissC View Post
    Buying a powerfull machnie doesn't mean AUDIO apps (like Traktor) will run without hassle ON WINDOWS. Drivers are the issue, hardware is powerfull enough tu run Traktor (keylock ON, 4 filters ON + eff), Ableton and browsing facebook on the same time (maybe more), however the OS and drivers can't handle it, simply because it is not optimzed enough (do I really need to say why MAC can do that without any hassle?)...
    I can do all of that on my i7 Windows laptop without any hassle, either. And I do very little optimization out of the box other than a full reformat and reinstall of windows.

But you're right, you really don't need a brute of a machine to DJ with. That's why I stick with my 5-year old Lenovo T61's, which haven't failed me even once. No $2,000 MBP required. The OP's issue doesn't lie with the Windows vs Mac argument, it lies with the manufacturer/hardware drivers not being compatible.

The argument is optimalization done by manufacturer (since apple makes the iOS, manufacture the unit and uses only a few hardware types per product line, the optimalization is almost 100%) i was able to DJ with 5 yr old maschine run 1.6 GHz Intel celeron, with quite "fair" latency. But as sss18734 said it depends on the hardware.

Before someone drags this down to MAC V PC ... MAC OSX is LINUX ...and should be free, but you pay stupid amounts for their hardware. MAC OS runs on about 90% of modern "PC" laptops (I'm using one right now) .... The OSX kernel can process audio better, but with the correct drivers and settings so can a PC at half the cost.

I also echo the comments about not needing such a big machine, I actually get better response from the i5 i have than the i7 ... and still get a pretty decent machine with the turionx64 (that was AMD's baby chip from 5 or 6 years ago).

Give the 32bit partition a run, i wouldn't think it will make any difference as the drivers are 32bit anyway and will run under windows as that regardless of the main OS.

However when building the partition, we can advise exactly how to build it, what to leave out, what to add in ... if the forum gets to busy with suggestions, PM me and I can talk you through it step by step (i've done this for a number of DJTT members ... and they've not come back to complain ...)

whatever you do ..DON'T GIVE UP and DON'T GIVE IN THE THE MAC FANBOYS .... the machine you have is wonderful and once it's running correctly, you won't look back.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

JSM, you are absolutely correct, the cost for the hardware is high as the sun is far away! But it just fu**** works without those optimalization!

JSM, you are absolutely correct, the cost for the hardware is high as the sun is far away! But it just fu**** works without those optimalization!
    Exactly why I run OSX Lion 10.7.1 on my XPS L701 from Dell ! ... (with updates, and everything else working), but to be honest I prefer Windows ... I find OSX annoying ...
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Really? I wonder if it stable for music as original machine! Any Progress Black Hat?

Really? I wonder if it stable for music as original machine! Any Progress Black Hat?
    Yes really, it's EXACTLY the same but faster .... my hardware is better in some respects than the Apple Mac Pro ..for example I can run NV445 GFX with 4Gb DDR, I also run THREE hard drives inside my laptop, ........

BTW. This is not recent news, i've been building these for over 4 years ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86
    http://www.osx86project.org/
    http://www.appleosx86.com/en/category/tutoriales-osx86/

it takes a bit or research, but now i've done it a few times, i can seriously say to the mac-fanboys ... (well i better not they will only cry)

The mac and most PC's share EXACTLY the same architecture, the variations are usually in the GFX side of things ... but even Nvidia are developing drivers for mac clones .... so things are getting easier everyday.

You can even buy white laptops now ....

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    Yes really, it's EXACTLY the same but faster .... my hardware is better in some respects than the Apple Mac Pro ..for example I can run NV445 GFX with 4Gb DDR, I also run THREE hard drives inside my laptop, ........

BTW. This is not recent news, i've been building these for over 4 years ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86
    http://www.osx86project.org/
    http://www.appleosx86.com/en/category/tutoriales-osx86/

it takes a bit or research, but now i've done it a few times, i can seriously say to the mac-fanboys ... (well i better not they will only cry)

The mac and most PC's share EXACTLY the same architecture, the variations are usually in the GFX side of things ... but even Nvidia are developing drivers for mac clones .... so things are getting easier everyday.

You can even buy white laptops now ....
    @JSM, i have sent you a PM.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast