SERIOUS TRAKTOR PROBLEMS! please help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SERIOUS TRAKTOR PROBLEMS! please help!

Hello DJTT members,
    I recently bought traktor scratch pro to go with my new laptop. Unfortuatly im having a hard time getting everything up and running. Maybe you guys could help?

here is my setup:
    -alienware 14x, core i7, 4 gb ram, 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive, Windows 7 64 bit.
    -1 Denon Dn-s3700 running in CD mode.
    -1 Denon Dn-x1600 mixer running as my audio interface.
    -1 Numark Ndx-400.
    -Dj Tech Tools Midi Fighter

OK! Now that that is out of the way, here are my problems.....

1. Traktor keeps skipping and poping.
    -I hear tons of drop outs, skipping and popping while DJing.

2. When using timecode, traktor laggs witch making scratching impossible.
    -When I say lag, I dont mean that the music is slowing. The problem is that whatever I do with my CDJ's, i dont hear the effect until about a second afterwards. So if I press pause, spin back, pitch bend or hit a cue point, nothing happens in traktor until a second later.

3. When using timecode, I cant get my Numark CDJ to work.
    -When in the timecode setup menue, I see the timecode signal comming through but its all greyed out instead of blue and the timecode signal reaches outside of the circle sometimes.

Here is everything that I have done so far to fix these issues:

1. Changed the Input Gain of my mixer to be much louder because I didnt see the Traktor timecode leveler showing very high levels.

2.Changed my mixer settings to run in PC mode at 44.1kHz, this was recomended by a Traktor Tech Support guy.

3. I use a code in terminal to quit all backround applications. This frees up more RAM and CPU space, even though I allready have more than enough. Also, the problems still happen even if I dont do this, so I know that the Code cant be whats causing the problem.

4. I've turnned Wifi off, as its been known to cause problems in traktor for some dell computers. (alienware is owned by dell.)

5. I've put my computer in high preformance mode, and turned all power saving applications/settings off.

6. I've turnned off all settings that put hard discs to sleep and unchecked all power saving options related to USB devices. I did this to stop the possibilty of my mixer not getting enough signal through the USB cord.

7. I've turned all webcam drivers off and uninstalled them because they have been known to cause issues while using traktor.

8. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled traktor through the installation disk that I got when I bought Traktor. This hasnt seemed to change anything, but now sometimes traktor will crash saying "fatal error." This only happens if I mess around in the settings menue allot. So maybe I didnt uninstall/reinstall the software corectly?

9. I downloaded the ASIO4ALL driver and used Traktor in Internal mode to see if the problem really is with my computer not being powerfull enough. As expected, traktor runs as smooth as butter when running in internal mode. This leads me to beleive that the problem is the Denon ASIO driver?

10. Made sure that all my drivers and software was up to date.

11. Used the Denon mixer with every USB slot that my computer has just to make sure that it wasnt a USB port problem. There seems to be no difference between the ports that I use. Also, they are all USB 2.0 or higher and fit Traktor power requirements.

12. Ive changed the latency settings in Traktor and through the Denon DJ ASIO driver interface. I found that the best latency setting for me is 512 ms.

OK.............. I think that’s it............

MY PROGRESS:

So far, (from doing all of the above), I've been able to stop most of the popping, dropouts and skipping. Its at a level where I would be comfortable using this at home for practice, but I wouldn’t want to bring this setup to a gig as some of the skipping is very noticeable.

Now the biggest problem is just the lagging and the fact that I can’t use my Numark.
    As of yet, nothing has been able to stop the lagging problems. If I lower my latency settings any more, the lagging decreases by a small amount, but the amount of skipping is drastically increased.

I also found that once in the setup menu, I can put the RCA cables coming from the Denon CDJ into the input that is assigned for my Numark CDJ. When I hit play, the time code signal will show up fine and I can calibrate it, tricking Traktor into thinking that the timecode signal coming from the Numark is good. Then I swap the RCA cables again, putting the Numark RCA back into the right spot. I hit play, and everything works, even the timecode signal coming though to the channel with the Numark shows up fine. Unfortunately, once I hit the calibrate button, Traktor displays the Numark timecode as greyed out, with the rings some partially out of the circle.
    So while my Numark is playable, I can’t calibrate it, and it’s a huge hassle to do all that switching around with the RCA cables.

Ok that’s everything, Sorry for such a long post guys. Just in case you didn’t read it all.
    Here’s a summary.
    1. Skipping is minimal, but annoying
    2. Lag is terrible
    3. Numark CDJ is only half useable.

Thanks again, and sorry.

This is probably going to come across as a stupid question, but I didn't see it listed anywhere...did you adjust the latency within Traktor at all?
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    This is probably going to come across as a stupid question, but I didn't see it listed anywhere...did you adjust the latency within Traktor at all?
    Its allright, and yes ive messed around with pretty much every latency setting that I can find.

IMHO 64 bit windows are the problem. It caused the exactly same problems to my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by CrissC View Post
    IMHO 64 bit windows are the problem. It caused the exactly same problems to my friend...
    Works fine on my old Asus running Windows Pro 7 64 bit.

Wen you say you've disabled wifi, did you just flick a switch on the computer to turn it off, or did you go to device manager and disable the driver for the wifi card there? you need to do the latter, and whilst you're there do the same for anything that contains the words 'Microsoft ACPI' in the Battery management sections
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

i have three laptops running windows 7x64 .... so windows is not the problem. One of the laptops is not optimized and is well below spec for TSP2 but runs flawlessly with everything still switched on .... (Dell 1501 @ 2.2Ghz Turion)

Pops are usually caused by something polling the system, there's a good program on the interweb called DPC latency checker http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

it will show you what is causing the high polling and it's free.........
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    i have three laptops running windows 7x64 .... so windows is not the problem. One of the laptops is not optimized and is well below spec for TSP2 but runs flawlessly with everything still switched on .... (Dell 1501 @ 2.2Ghz Turion)

Pops are usually caused by something polling the system, there's a good program on the interweb called DPC latency checker http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

it will show you what is causing the high polling and it's free.........
    Think the dpc checker is bundled with the latest Audio 4/6/8/10 programs as well ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Btw have u tried the power script? http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/ and this? http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/1...e_windows_djs/ it's working, using it myself, so my laptop can be used for every day use and for DJing with not much hassle! :-)

Another thing: Try to get Audio 4 or another NI interface to test out if the mixer is the problem (64bit drivers could be buggy, can't help my self, but i still think it is 64bit problem...) . Plug-out the battery (helped me alot).
    Last edited by CrissC; 03-13-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Hey guys, thanks for all of the quick reply’s. You’ve been much faster than the Traktor support team. So i downloaded the dpc checker, and so far I am seeing small spikes where I hit the red zone. I haven’t had time to go through disabling all of my drivers yet, I will do that tonight and see if I can get back to you guys.

CrissC, thanks for your post. Yes, I have been using the power script from DJTT. Though I have not been using the second link that you gave me as my computer should be able to run things without tweaks, that’s why I spend so much money on a powerful laptop. Also, because I’m not amazingly good with computers, I don’t want to risk breaking it by tweaking the system. But if I am left with no other options then I will use the second link that you gave me.

Also, while others have said that Traktor runs fine with 64 bit OS, I think you might be right. My specific Denon ASIO driver for my mixer could just not work very well with a 64 bit OS. Ill download the driver to my friends laptop witch runs on 32 bit and see if the same problem occurs. If that is the solution, then maybe you guys could help me out while I partition a separate part of my hard drive to hold a 32 bit OS with traktor.

First Ill see if I can stop the latency spikes using the dpc checker.
    Thank you all so much, I was about ready to give up.

Tech Mentor

Sounds like a driver issue. Like mentioned, I'd try a dedicated partition running nothing but windows 32 bit and see where that gets you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast