laptop ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laptop ?

Tech Wizard

Default laptop ?

i have a traktor s2 and when i got the unit never new i needed a high end laptop to run it with.i use my brothers macbook pro now and then but need laptop of my own to run it with.so what laptop do use guys run them with ? i dont rele want to pay £1000+ for a macbook pro so whats the cheapest laptop that i could get away with runing it with ?

You can get away with any modern pc laptop but there's a catch. If you want it to run perfectly smooth you're gonna have to create a dual-boot system. You can use the same windows registration twice on the same computer, so you'll have to download a copy of the windows installation disk. If you don't do that and optimize your system for Traktor you'll have audio pops and dropouts due to S4/S2 driver conflicts. I have a high end Asus laptop and even with 4GB of ram and a quad core i7 I still had to do this to get it running right. The Apple works fine out of the box, but there's a hefty price tag that comes along with it.

Tech Convert

I bough a Gateway NV59 NVC laptop a year ago for $450CAD. i3 processor with 4Gb of Memory.

Had to disable Wireless Network & Batter Management. I think this is pretty common amongst most PCs due to poor driver design. Dual boot is a good idea though!

Haven't experienced audio drop outs at all using Audio 6 with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and an X1 controller.

Recently bought an S2 and now have about 10 hours on it without any hiccups as well.

JMo

Tech Convert

Check the for sale section. I have a few laptops for sale.
    deephouselounge.com - dubstepradio.fm - drumandbasslounge.com - bassradio.fm

Tech Student

I was in the same boat. I bought the S4 and started looking for a newer laptop to run it with. I knew I wanted a MacBook Pro and tried the whole eBay route and ended up having to return all the ones I won. I decided to suck it up and just get a refurb from apple and finance it. That may be an option, get something that will kick ass from the get go.

Tech Mentor

Lenovo T61 series has always worked great for me. I see no need to run with an Macbook Pro. Fairly modest specs - 2.2ghz C2D, 2GB ram, 500 GB 7200 rpm drive 128MB graphics. I have a pair - one of them is dual booted, the other is not - they both perform the same.

They can be had all day for under $500, and their screens are available in a higher resolution than anything Apple offers in a 15" version - very handy if you mix 4 full sized decks in traktor.

HP 14" Pavilion DM4-3055DX is only $600. That is the route i'm going.

Banned

I purchased Macbook pro 13" with traktor s2 together at guitar center same time.

Went home plugged all them in together and started learning within a hour of installing and registering my mac and registering traktor s2 cd-key online. Macs are amazing for music in general, from production to mixing.

Awesome laptop A+++ i highly recommend them.

Price tag is a bit big. But macs are known for lasting up to 5 years and more.

i have a HP G62 i3cpu 4GB RAM windows 64-bit and it runs perfectly fine. you can get an i5 laptop cheap enough now. any i5 with 4GB RAM should be fine (but dual-boot and optimise the DJ install as per native instruments website tips)
    keepin' it real since 1999... DJAdamDaniel.co.uk

I had the same problem when I bought my S4. I ended up buying a 13" MBP.

Check out this site:

TraktorLaptops.com

There was a thread about this some where, but I can't seem to find it any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast