converting wav to mp3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default converting wav to mp3

so ive been using winamp forever and i hate it to death. they have the worst product and service i can imagine. i have foolishly bought the program like 3 times now because every time i upgrade my computer or OS and have to reinstall it, the cd key no longer unlocks a pro version , it registers as regular winamp and wont convert files. i have emailed this complaint to them and have never received any help so i have just lamely lined up for another copy.

there must be a better alternative out there for converting my wavs to 320k mp3s?

any advice?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    so ive been using winamp forever and i hate it to death. they have the worst product and service i can imagine. i have foolishly bought the program like 3 times now because every time i upgrade my computer or OS and have to reinstall it, the cd key no longer unlocks a pro version , it registers as regular winamp and wont convert files. i have emailed this complaint to them and have never received any help so i have just lamely lined up for another copy.

there must be a better alternative out there for converting my wavs to 320k mp3s?

any advice?
    I use lame encoder.its freeware i believe on sourceforge just google it. You will likely have to download both the encoder and thr .bat which are separate. With thr two in the same folder you can drop the wav onto the bat and itll transfer to a mp3

Cant you just use iTunes and its free? I know by default it converts to 128kps but you can edit that to 320kps.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Guru

Media Monkey.

This is a full music collection manager. I use it to rip, burn, tag, rearrange, convert, and play.

I rip and immediately convert to FLAC. FLAC is 55-65% the size of a WAC, supports native ID tags, and is lossless. Given the cost of disc space, it's a no brainer to archive music in a lossless format. I convert to mp3 "as needed". My DJ computer gets mp3's @ 320. My iPhone gets mp3s @ 192.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

On windows, the best converting software I ever used was dbpoweramp...unfortunately, no Mac version exists. Right now I use Max on my Mac, it's free and does a decent job.
    nope.

I used dbpoweramp too. on OP's sig he stated he's using Vista 64 SP2 so it should be working

i used to use the aimp player. since it´s mediaplayer functionality was way better than winamp´s. http://aimp.ru/index.php
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I use iTunes, but IHNFC how good its mp3 encoder is. I use ALAC.

Tech Mentor

iTunes MP3 encoder is just fine, just make sure that you set under preferences that you want 320kbps, and not 128kbps.

Tech Mentor

Funny nobody mentioned Audacity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast