cpu usage higher after fresh install of win 7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cpu usage higher after fresh install of win 7

some of you may have seen my previous post about a virus i had that forced me to reinstall windows, however im having a few issues now a few weeks on.
    first issue is my cpu usage, before i had to reinstall the cpu was idling at about 2/3% now its about 15/18% when running traktor it used to be no higher than 10% and about 5% when running the optimiser script, wheras its now at about 25%.
    secondly the laptop is running a lot hotter, and the fan seems to be needed to run all of the time where before it didnt.

any ideas guys?
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

I was getting cpu spikes and tracked it down to multi-core support not being enabled in Traktor. I suppose that's somewhere to start.

im running 2.0.3 found it the most stable so never had a need to upgrade, and as far as im aware multicore came in on 2.1 however its just generally higher not only when traktor is running.

Tech Wizard

hi guys, im starting to get a bit concerned about this now, all has been kind of ok, like i said in the previous post cpu was higher but still about 25% and still kind of ok. however since last night my cpu has been spiking right upto 100% and then dropping to around 80%, as i write this it is sitting at 50%. the system is completely optimised, as per pretty much every post there is online and when i gig i use the smitten's optimiser script. i have just ran a virus scan with avast and its completely clean.

specs are: i3 2.27ghz, 8gb ram, 60GB ocz vertex SSD (for os win 7 x64), 500GB HDD in drivebay for music.

i have updated all drivers, and installed speedfan, however speedfan does not detect any fans when i go to the configure tab.

anyone have any ideas how i can get this back to how it used to perform, it was absolutely brilliant before i had to re-install windows

Have you run a latency monitor to check what's causing the CPU spikes?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

hi, yes i have, i just ran another and have attached a screenshot of it https://docs.google.com/document/pub..._YXJOBM3pW_pro

it doesnt show any problems but still getting very hot and spiking

the thing thats really concerning me is that there is even less on it now than there was before the install, and it was running like a tank. but now im just browsing the web and its sitting at 52%

Tech Wizard

If you look in Task Manager it shows you what process is taking up that much CPU

i have had a look on seven forums and they seem to suggest that there may have been a problem with my installation at some point. however i do not know where my install disk has gone, i lost one of my cd wallets and i think it may have been in there!!!! NOT A HAPPY BUNNY! do any of you guys know where i can download a copy. i have my product key and i know microsoft will have no issue re-authorising it when i speak to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast