A new look at the mashup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default A new look at the mashup.

From what I've seen nobody has really done what I have been doing lately. and the quality of my mashups in my opionion, are pretty legit.

Most mashups consist of samples of vocals, or all the vocals of one song(sometimes a lot more then one song), and an instrumental.

I was listening to a song, and noticed a very similar sound to another song. and thought to myself, how on earth can i mash the 2 up. Cause they are just asking for it.

So I came up with: why not mashup the drops by switching off on seperate pieces of the drop. and this is what I've come up with so far:

and

I'm wondering what you guys think of this. I think I've figured out a pretty legit new way to mashup, and I'm wondering if you guys think the same

Would love to hear the feedback
    Last edited by Tryna; 03-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Tech Wizard

Impressed

Tech Wizard

thanks man

Tech Wizard

That's pretty damn good, keep it up!

This ain't new, i do it sometimes with similar songs just like this.. Try reptile's theme with one click headshot.

Tech Wizard

when I say it's new, I don''t mean I created it, I mean I havn't found anything like it anywhere else

Tech Guru

I'm confused, maybe I don't know the originals too well but are you just doing a drop of a new song with the intro of one song and then vice versa or are you going bar for bar alternation at the peaks of songs?

If it is the first then yes it has been done before, its called dj'ing but honestly I don't know the songs well enough to even distinguish.

(mostly referring to the second song) I know one is wolfgang.

Tech Wizard

Nope, the drop interchanges between the drop of 2 different songs, every other beat or so.

here are the originals

Vs.

Tech Guru

I think hes ^^^ on these forums.

Thats all I can think of, good stuff though, it sounds like an original mix.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The thing with dubstep is its all inter-changeable to a degree.
    You could get 10 monkeys to hit keys on a keyboard, each one triggering a different loop in sync and it would sound like one new dubstep track.

i dont mean all dubstep sounds the same but I do think you have to get a lot more creative with dubstep for it to stand out than just lego-bricking bits from other songs.

Sounds all good to me but I dont know that im hearing anything new but as Rukks says, I dont know the songs well enough.
    I just know that you couldnt take 10 random loops from 10 random house songs and make one new seemless track from that but you probably can with 'that' kind of dubstep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast