Blue screen with Traktor Kontrol S2

Default Blue screen with Traktor Kontrol S2

So i got an s2 a couple weeks ago and I have loved it. It's extremely fun and i love using it. My only issue is that after a certain amount of time with using it and usually at a moment where i'm touching a jog wheel. My laptop blue screens . I'm pretty sure its an issue with the s2 and my laptop not the actual s2. I'm really just posting here to see if anyone knows a fix or at least what exactly is causing the issue. My laptop is NOT top of the line. It is a refurbished latitude D620. It has 3.5 gigs of ram, Intel Dual core processor and runs the s2 and traktor without going into the red zone a lot. It hovers around what looks to be 25% cpu usage most of the time with it all plugged in and a song playing. If anybody has an idea on how to fix without buying a new laptop or at least can point me in the right direction of finding out how myself that would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

sup Nick?

Tech Guru

Some popular tips besides buying a MacBook Pro (joking) are to disable your wireless adapter and AntiVirus and increase the audio latency settings.

Also, do a Google search for "optimize PC for Traktor" and see what people have to say. Your machine should be plenty powerful, but if there is a lot running in the background you could be in for a load of trouble..

Tech Mentor

Honestly, if your computer is having issues as serious as a bluescreen, it's not worth trying to pinpoint the exact cause. You do NOT want to risk this during a performance.

Back up all your data, reformat, and install the OS from scratch. Make sure you have the windows updates and have good drivers for all your hardware - oftentimes, the default ones that the OS provides are outdated. Then install Traktor and see if you continue having the issue.