Idea to FX in EQ/FX mode

Default Idea to FX in EQ/FX mode

One of the main things I was annoyed about in the TSI 2.2.8 (no offence to the file, abosolutely great mapping) was the EQ/FX mode. I loved the idea of having more options to control the FX's. But when I turn from the FX to EQ it is always set to -100 because I turned the FX all the way off. Then I have to snap the EQ to 0 which might not be heard, might be. I thought that we insted of 3 FX's we could have 6 on each side. So if you turn the knob left ur turn on a VERB and when you turn it right a LOFI. Then when the FX is off you can safely turn to the EQ mode.

This way you can't be very precise with the FX, but if that is what u wish u could use the fader FX mode or the regulare FX mode.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I thought it could be cool.

Give ur thought on this please, and don't be afraid to shoot my idea down, it is in no form thougt out. Just be constructive.

Søren
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Mentor

So as soon as you move the central knob position you either turn the effect to the left or right on - and when in central position the effect is off.

Sounds......well pretty good. That way I would use the option more because I hate having the EQs Knobs down to zero when using the effect mode (tuning down the level and turning an effect off) and then have to snap back to central position in EQ mode.

PS: That type of config is a modifier and a smart knob (I think)
    Would love to try that
    Last edited by Leon.R; 04-28-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Quote Originally Posted by soerensus View Post
    One of the main things I was annoyed about in the TSI 2.2.8 (no offence to the file, abosolutely great mapping) was the EQ/FX mode. I loved the idea of having more options to control the FX's. But when I turn from the FX to EQ it is always set to -100 because I turned the FX all the way off. Then I have to snap the EQ to 0 which might not be heard, might be. I thought that we insted of 3 FX's we could have 6 on each side. So if you turn the knob left ur turn on a VERB and when you turn it right a LOFI. Then when the FX is off you can safely turn to the EQ mode.

This way you can't be very precise with the FX, but if that is what u wish u could use the fader FX mode or the regulare FX mode.

I'm not sure if this is possible but I thought it could be cool.

Give ur thought on this please, and don't be afraid to shoot my idea down, it is in no form thougt out. Just be constructive.

Søren
    That sounds like a fantastic idea. I was having the same issues with EQ FX (I also have to mix internally with the VCI's EQs) Im not sure how that would be done. Seems as if the EQ knobs might have to be programed to send two different messages. Like the filters now do.

Im sure someone with more MIDI knowledge will chime in and clear this up. But i would definitely be interested in that idea! let me know if you find any solutions and I will do the same.

Thanks.. I would look into it myself if I, in any way, was able to do MIDI mapping. It could be cool if someone with the skills could incorporate this to the 2.2 TSI?
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

+1 good idea. Can this be done though?

I've modded my fx mode so that my gain becomes the dry/wet.

Also all my fx/eq control are in "soft takeover", my gain knobs are set to relative

cheers,

m

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    +1 good idea. Can this be done though?

I've modded my fx mode so that my gain becomes the dry/wet.

Also all my fx/eq control are in "soft takeover", my gain knobs are set to relative

cheers,

m
    Hi minimal. Your setup is the way I think the TSI should have been - for users using the internal EQ that is.

I was goiing to set my TSI up the way you did.
    Can you share yours?

And if Sorenius' idea could be done it would be option number 1 - at least in my opinion at the moment an d not having tried it yet.

If no one chimes in to the rescue I can give the smart knob effects (left rotation from center predefined effect 1, right rotation predefined effect 2) in EQ mode a try - but not until the weekend.
    Last edited by Leon.R; 04-29-2009 at 03:53 AM.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Yeah sure, no problem!

I was going to do more mods on it this weekend. I will PM you the file by the end of the weekend.

Let me know if u have any luck with the smart knobs.

Cheers,

m

Could you send it this way as well minimal?

that is an interesting idea on the FX- we can give it a try and see how it works. Guys generally soft take over sucks so I avoid it. Try it for yourself, but IMO its not that big of a deal to reposition the EQ back to center quickly.