MC6000 Kaoss KP3 or Kaoss pad quad
    Tech Convert

Default MC6000 Kaoss KP3 or Kaoss pad quad

Ive been reading that you cannot connect a kaoss pad to the MC6000 but on one website it said "The balanced booth output also acts as an audio send with assignable sources. So, if you wanted to send and return an external effects unit using this, you could. Plus, this booth / send output also benefits from its own high and low EQ. " http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/d...-446542/review

So is this true, has anyone done this. Would i basically connect it from booth to an unused channel? I quick answer would be great, would like to order this within the next 30 min.

Thanks in advance

Tech Convert

bump, anybody know the answer

Tech Convert

Nobody? please help. I ended up buying the mc6000 anyways. Cant wait to get it in. But I would like to purchase one of these now so it would be nice if someone could confirm this. Also any prefrence on KP3 vs Quad. Im thinking the quad for more common dj mixer effects, but i have never used a kp3 so not sure how it compares. I cant seem to find any videos of KP3 with house and trance music.

touch screen effects are pretty bad to use imo, it is really hard to have any precision with them, if you have your heart set on one I suggest the kp3 as you can use that as a midi controller to control the effects built into your dj software, Not really sure of traktors mapping limitations but I know you could map in 4 effects to a virtual cross of a touch surface with vdj. To do the outside corners I think would be far too many variables as you would need 100x100 unique positions to map it correctly with full resolution. no way that 10,000 variables are fitting any software although you could probably cut down the resolution to 10x10 giving 100 unique positions on the touchpad but you lose any subtlety in the effects.

Attachment 8023

I have read that the mc6000 can use the booth monitor as an effect send, but I was led to believe it is only for external sources not internal software routing, I recommend you read the manual as I am sure the information is in there..

another cheaper full midi option is this, it costs under $100

Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Synthetic is correct in saying that you can't output each individual track to the booth/send when using traktors internal mixing mode, it will only work if you have it set to external mixing, which means you can only use 2 decks.

Tech Convert

Ok thanks. Yeah i know its would be accurate, but just something to have fun with at the house. I use to have a kaossaliter pro and i had tons of fun with that, but it looks like my money might be better spent on the F1 or xone x2. Im going to check out that creative. It looks pretty cool for the price.

robquick, like useing 2 decks in traktor or 2 cdjs.

Thanks
    Last edited by duchess; 03-17-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    touch screen effects are pretty bad to use imo, it is really hard to have any precision with them, if you have your heart set on one I suggest the kp3 as you can use that as a midi controller to control the effects built into your dj software, Not really sure of traktors mapping limitations but I know you could map in 4 effects to a virtual cross of a touch surface with vdj. To do the outside corners I think would be far too many variables as you would need 100x100 unique positions to map it correctly with full resolution. no way that 10,000 variables are fitting any software although you could probably cut down the resolution to 10x10 giving 100 unique positions on the touchpad but you lose any subtlety in the effects.

Attachment 8023

I have read that the mc6000 can use the booth monitor as an effect send, but I was led to believe it is only for external sources not internal software routing, I recommend you read the manual as I am sure the information is in there..

another cheaper full midi option is this, it costs under $100

any idea where i can get one of these in the uk, ive had a look but cant find it, i like the look of that
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Convert

try amazon.com. I order stuff from amazon.co.uk all the time with no problems and free shipping, so im sure it works the other war around.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    any idea where i can get one of these in the uk, ive had a look but cant find it, i like the look of that
    juno records has them on ebay for 70quid and free p&p http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iCon-iCrea...-/170792961295

or they also have them on their website http://www.juno.co.uk/

same price on ebay or their website...

i bought an icon ikey midi controller from them via ebay a few weeks ago - no issues at all.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

brilliant. cheers guys
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account