Anyone remember having these
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone remember having these

What I started on both lasted longer then I used them. Wonder if could did on eBay throw in my basement setup for nostalgia

Sadly can't remember model number of the direct drive version and can only find the belt drive ones
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZxZDeViLZxZ; 03-14-2012 at 11:56 AM.

For nostalgic reasons go for it!

Mixer:Gemini "KL-19 executioner"!
    Turntable:Numark 1700tt

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

wobble wobble

I still have that mixer in my closet along with my first Denon dual CD decks. Don't know why I still hold on to it as it hasn't been used in 10 years but I'm sure it still works.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

man I visited the states back in 2000 and I remember seeing those cheap in a hip hop magazine... and i wanted them... i didn't have my own setup back home then... and i thought those were the shit...

Tech Guru

LOL. I started with some Gemini PT-1000's and a Numark "Blue Dog" mixer.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by djlotus View Post
    LOL. I started with some Gemini PT-1000's and a Numark "Blue Dog" mixer.
    The PT series were actually the FIRST decent Direct drive consumer DJ turntables out there and pretty revolutionary in the "can't quite afford technics" market as up to then the only budget alternatives were low torque, wobbly platter, dodgy pitch models like Kam, BST, Omnitronic.

They as much torque as a technics, decent pitch control and very solid platter, the overall plasticy build quality and tonearm was the only thing letting them down, lucky you getting them to start off with ...the blue dog however

Tech Guru

What's wrong with a terrible crossfader and NO eq? LOL

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

I think I'm gonna put my Gemini up on the sales board this weekend. Free, only pay for shipping, unless you can tell me a sob story that would make me pay the shipping. Old, not so good mixer should go to somebody who will love it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DjZzeless View Post
    For nostalgic reasons go for it!

Mixer:Gemini "KL-19 executioner"!
    Turntable:Numark 1700tt
    KL-19 Executioner!!! Excellent!!! Still got mine and works a treat, in fact until I bought the S4 a year ago it was still my main mixer for the 1210s!

First turntables for me were Soundlab DLP1's, mixer was a KAM MadeIIFade (can't recall model but it was 4 channel which was a big thing then, but only a 3 band EQ on the main output). Don't know how I managed with that!
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast