Looking for traktor dj in orange county ca to help me out.

Default Looking for traktor dj in orange county ca to help me out.

Hi everyone,

My story: Part time DJ, wedding DJ mainly. I won't set the world on fire with mixes and scratches. I can keep the dance floor going, but I get paid to be good on a mic, and run the show, which I can do. I use Traktor Pro.

I'm married, with family, full time job, and busy all the time. When it comes to computers, heck, even reading the Traktor Bible, I'm not sure if it's my lack of patience, or me not being technical enough to get it all, but I know that I don't know enough. Just enough to make things work. I'd like to be better, know the program more and what it can do. My time is valuable to me, so I would pay someone who's local, (I'm in Lake Forest) to come out, show me things HANDS on, with my system. I'm serious about what I do, don't get me wrong. I've invested in a lot over the last couple years, and have had no complaints on my gigs! I just want to feel better about Traktor, and maybe have an outsider look in and give me pointers, tips. Hope that all made sense!

I use: HP Pavilion DV7, 8GB, Two HD of 750 GB each. Traktor Pro. Kontrol X1. Denon 1600 mixer. QSC KW181 sub and K12's as mains.

If anyone is in Orange County, CA, and is interested, please shoot me a message. I'm fair about people's time and money.

I've called DJTECH directly, they're in SF area, so no luck there. Native is in LA, but they don't have anyone in OC either, and sometimes I wonder if the responses I get are from people here in the US! I even tried a "DJ" school a year ago, and that was not what I expected. I told them exactly what I was looking for, and they taught their own agenda, didn't listen to me, so I stopped going. As you can see, I'm serious about my side job craft, but again, time and me maybe being a bit impatient and needing to be hands on. For me to spend hours reading, etc, it's tough for me with a 5 year old pulling at me non stop!

Thanks for any input, or anyone interested!

where are you looking to learn from traktor? btw im from LA
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

I'll be happy to show you some stuff. Don't really have to be near you. Can create vids on stuff you want to learn. ie. midi mapping, filter combos, and what not. Like i read you went to a dj school and didn't get what you wanted. What exactly would you like to learn?

Guys, I'm not even sure to be honest. Yes, midi mapping, filter combos, maybe using different things like samples. But, really, the guts of Traktor. Like I almost want to watch someone with my system, just watch you work. See if I can pick up on things, ask questions as we go along. There's no one thing, I think an overall experience. Hard for me to put into words. Let's just say that when I have hiccups with the system, at times, I feel lost. It's not often, but it happens. I just want to feel more rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    where are you looking to learn from traktor? btw im from LA
    Do you ever come south my way? If so, we could set something up? I'm not in a hurry, just want to make sure I do this at some point. Again, I'd be willing to pay for your time.

I appreciate the offer via videos, etc. I may take you up on that at some point, but right now, looking for something more hands on, where I can ask questions as things go along.

Tech Mentor

Youtube could be your friend as well. There are many video's and a wealth of knowledge between google and youtube. You just need to spend some time on traktor.

One thing that really tought me was playing, play as much as you can even if it is a 10 minute burst. Turn a few knobs and see what happens. Be creative and mix music you don't normally mix so you get a feel of the action, then implement.

Some parts of traktor are better for certain styles of music. Try mixing home tech house, or trance. Then do dub or even rock. They all demand different styles.

I myself don't like to read really, manuals don't really agree with me, and I am impatient. I once tried to learn how to scratch by watching and it did not work at all. I spent a few minutes a day and really started to get the hang of it.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Quote Originally Posted by quality control View Post
    Youtube could be your friend as well. There are many video's and a wealth of knowledge between google and youtube. You just need to spend some time on traktor.

One thing that really tought me was playing, play as much as you can even if it is a 10 minute burst. Turn a few knobs and see what happens. Be creative and mix music you don't normally mix so you get a feel of the action, then implement.

Some parts of traktor are better for certain styles of music. Try mixing home tech house, or trance. Then do dub or even rock. They all demand different styles.

I myself don't like to read really, manuals don't really agree with me, and I am impatient. I once tried to learn how to scratch by watching and it did not work at all. I spent a few minutes a day and really started to get the hang of it.

Cool, someone like me! Thanks for the advice regarding youtube, etc. Agreed, it's just spending time. Because weddings are 90% of what I do, doing house, trance, etc, not really in my arsenal. It's mostly hip hop, top 40 stuff. What I'm really looking for is technical issues, importing maybe, beat gridding, just stuff to help my stuff flow easier. Again, hard to put into words. Almost like I need someone who really knows what they're doing to watch over me, or look at my settings, set up, and give suggestions as to what I could do better, or things I might be missing.

Hey grayt , did you found the instructor for you ?