Midi-Fighter 3D Performance Videos

Default Midi-Fighter 3D Performance Videos

Here's one i found.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thank you for posting!

really nice. thanks for the good explanation how you set it up in the video description
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Student

Here's two I did with the MF3D and Reason 6:

love that stuff..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

That was fucking AWESOME. Love how you use it to pick out melody and chords.

Do you use anything like the Ableton Live MIDI transpose effect that takes notes and maps them to a specific key so you can't mis-hit notes? If not, it might add a few more notes to the 16-key range. And the side buttons can control the keyboard pitch offset which I think you're doing already.

Rocking. Care to put together a "How I did that thing" post? Pretty please?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    That was fucking AWESOME. Love how you use it to pick out melody and chords.

Do you use anything like the Ableton Live MIDI transpose effect that takes notes and maps them to a specific key so you can't mis-hit notes? If not, it might add a few more notes to the 16-key range. And the side buttons can control the keyboard pitch offset which I think you're doing already.

Rocking. Care to put together a "How I did that thing" post? Pretty please?
    Thanks! Here's a rundown of how I did the Filthy Finger setup in Reason:

Hi-Hat Loop — this is always playing in the background so I have something to keep my tempo with, just a REX loop.

Bottom row
    Button 1&2 — these trigger a kick and a kick+snare sample.
    Button 3&4 — these are both triggering a Thor synthesizer. This one is made out of three differently tuned analog-style oscillator, creating a chord. The difference between them is that one of the pads also send out a "detune" message to one oscillator, changing the pitch of it. That's how I play different chords! I guess I could've sampled them but it's fun to route things in Reason.

Second row
    Button 5 — this is a big fat crash cymbal.
    Button 6 — here's my beat repeat effect. I'm triggering the "Roll" mode of a The Echo device, basically repeating the last incoming 1/4th note over and over again until I click the button again to turn it off.
    Button 7&8 — these are my bass triggers! Like the chords, they send a trigger signal to a Thor synthesizer. The trick to these is that they also send a signal that I've routed to a step sequencer. I've set this step sequencer to a few different notes and set the playback mode to "Random". What happens then is that every time it gets a trigger event, it changes the pitch of the oscillators.

Furthermore, button 8 also sends out a signal that opens the low pass filter a bit more. This makes the "sound" of the two buttons different, even though it's the same synth. It also allows me to do the "open filter" section at 2:05 since that button is opening the filter.

Third row
    Button 9&10 — these are transition fx, I'm only using one though
    Button 11 — this makes the beat repeat effect 1/8th notes instead of 1/4th when the beat repeat is on

There is some CV signal trickery that's hard to describe if you're not used to Reason. In Reason you can basically send "control signals" as small yellow CV (Control Voltage) cables. This means I can duplicate my trigger signal, make it affect different parameters etc. It's good fun!

Let me know if you have any questions

might have to get one now lol
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right