Pioneer CDJ button switches

Default Pioneer CDJ button switches

Does anyone know if the switches on the Pioneer CDJ PCB's are proprietary or if buying any old switch and soldering them on would do? Specifically the Play/Pause and Cue switches, along with the Track Search and Search switches.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Convert

if you are on about the tack switches which are soldered in the bored then you can just buy new ones and solder them on I brought mine from ebay and there easy to do. link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-PLAY-...item4174d7595e

They sell them wholesale on ebay. Resoldering the switches is a pretty popular fix for abused decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    They sell them wholesale on ebay. Resoldering the switches is a pretty popular fix for abused decks.
    this! theres some good vids on youtube showing how to disassemble also, i was quite concerned the first time i did it, but its really easy
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

You can do this yourself very easy. You only need to know how to handle a screwdriver and soldering iron.
    Tools needed:
    PH Screwdriver
    Soldering iron
    Desoldering pump or wick
    Some solder

If you have a Pioneer dealer nearby you can go to them to buy the switches themselves. The price at the local dealer here is about 80 cents per switch.

When you open your CDJ be aware to not fold flatcables or touch a capacitor.

I know you can buy the switches specifically for CDjs on eBay. My question was if any old switch you can buy from an electronic parts retailer would work.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Guru

its a standard tac switch...specifically for anything that uses them...aslong as theyre 'push to make'
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    its a standard tac switch...specifically for anything that uses them...aslong as theyre 'push to make'
    Thanks Chris, that's what I was wondering.