Traktor 2.5 and APC40 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey everybody! its appears that great minds think alike! i was thinking the very same thing! i am planning to have have the APC40 function as two F1 controllers. I am thinking about designing it to require at least a standard 2 deck mixer to go with it.(this will make the tsi smaller and less strenuous on the cpu) I already know this is gonna get IN-TENSE!!! i haven't decided what to call it yet though.... how about........ the Sidecar mapping? ...idk

If you don't believe it can be done, check out my previous mapping. It might shed some light on the situation...

http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/59

Quote Originally Posted by leolodreamland View Post
    I'm so excited... I was going make this post if no-one else had done it already... no you don't have seven shades on the apc40 but you have three shades blinking or not which makes six and totally off equals seven. there's perfectly enough knobs and buttons to emulate the f1 times two and still enough left over for fx 3 and 4 maybe... if you've seen what's possible with the collision mapping it's certainly possible...
    Thanks for spreading the word. YOU"RE THE MAN!!!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yep...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

I thought it was too good to be true. I read that post a couple of days ago and realized myself that why would NI make all the functions mappable to the general public while trying to sell a new hardware option. Its like anything really, a smart business owner does not release all his/her secrets to the public so they can modify any hardware they want for use with the new software.

In any event, it was a nice thought while it lasted and although the upgrade to 2.5 is free, to get the real operational use out of a hardware solution you are going to have to fork out for an F1. Boo-urns!

To tell you the truth, I am starting to shy away from Traktor more and more. They seem to be a little too money hungry for my liking and the proprietary hardware makes me sad panda.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quality control View Post
    To tell you the truth, I am starting to shy away from Traktor more and more. They seem to be a little too money hungry for my liking and the proprietary hardware makes me sad panda.
    +1 on this, and i'm a massive fanboy of it.

Tech Mentor

Use what you got and don't get sucked into the hype of new equipment every 3 months.

I am thinking of spending extra now, picking up some Denon DN-S3700's and a good mixer with effects. Maybe a DN-X1600 and going old school. This controller business is killing me.
    13" MBP | Xone DB2 | Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 X Denon DN-S3700 | NUmark TTX| NI MASCHINE MK2 | ABLETON PUSH

Quote Originally Posted by quality control View Post
    Use what you got and don't get sucked into the hype of new equipment every 3 months.

I am thinking of spending extra now, picking up some Denon DN-S3700's and a good mixer with effects. Maybe a DN-X1600 and going old school. This controller business is killing me.
    Love it! Reminds me of drum lessons when the teacher takes away all you "toys", leaving you a snare, kick, tom, hats and a ride. Then he says, "get funky on the that, that's all you need." Stripped down to the basics
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    +1 on this, and i'm a massive fanboy of it.

Same...

I wonder if the upgrade without the F1 will be any good?

Sure they will fix some things etc....Hope it is better....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Same...

I wonder if the upgrade without the F1 will be any good?

Sure they will fix some things etc....Hope it is better....
    i don't suppose 2.5 will be much of a biggie if you don't have an F1... that has to be it's main/new feature. i wish vdj8 or "the one" was already out so i could take apply pissedoffness to trying out some other software
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast