Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
Love it! Reminds me of drum lessons when the teacher takes away all you "toys", leaving you a snare, kick, tom, hats and a ride. Then he says, "get funky on the that, that's all you need." Stripped down to the basics
+100000

I agree!

I am not into the hype of having to have the latest controller. Clearly the companies have cottoned onto this and is why we these types of updates now. Its not JUST software they selling now, its their hardware too. Seems this focus has changed.

To keep the momentum going of their controller sales, they make sure that the software can only be FULLY controlled with said hardware.

BALLS!

I understand why they doing it....it just SUCKS.

I 'got it' after I bought the VCI100 and realized...this will not cover my expansion in future.
I always tell newbs that they will have a first round of purchase that they will sell and then get what they really need.

The older crew get this and have thought it over really carefully and aligned themselves and their gear to be able to last a good couple years and that they will be able to manipulate the midi maps to work with their setups.

The newer younger crowd seem to be gripped by the hype of the UPDATE (Software and Hardware) will allow them to do these NEW things and that will get them to be badass DJ's easily and quickly. This is SOO not the case.

I got the APC80, knowing that I will be able to use it for a while and will be able to emulate a lot of the controller options out there.
So sad that I am being proved wrong!

BUUUUT, then again...I have wanted VST integration into Traktor, but would I use it?
Probably not....

I still mix the same way I always have, but now can do it easily and have a few added tricks up my sleeve due to using software.
But that really is it!

Its lust I guess, for new things.