Techy House Mix

Thread: Techy House Mix

Tech Convert

Cool Techy House Mix

1st Mix on my S2

Without guidance or anything.....great tracks....but any advice on my amateur mixing would be nice.

Tech Convert

bump

Don't be so hard on your mixing man, it sounds pretty good. From what i can tell, you're using the effects well and not overdoing it like some beginners can, and the track selection is great, i really liked most of the tracks (and own a few of em ).

One improvement i would make is to get you're tracks in earlier (like with 3-4 min left in the other track) and let your them melt together more, i heard some of your mixes come in at the outtro, when the new track should be taking over and keeping up the energy.

Also, try structuring you're mixes a little differently. I felt like you were bouncing between high and low energy tracks, when you should really be starting slow and building up to the bangers, all the while slowly raising the tempo.

Lastly, some of the gain levels of your tracks were a bit off and, again, they cause a loss of momentum and can turn off people you are playing to. All i can say for this is to keep mixing and getting familiar with traktor's internal mixer, all the while play with the gains and try you're best to match them to the first track.

Otherwise, you're definitely on the right track

Welcome to the forums and keep on posting, theres a lot of helpful dj's on here

p.s. pm me when you post a new mix and i'll weigh in on it

Tech Convert

appreciate the input!

not bad
    a little hard
    but i like it