Discontinued Xones

Default Discontinued Xones

So, I just took the last pictures of my never-been-used XONE:2D and headed over to ebay to post it up for sale. In some UK shops (like Decks / WestendDJ) the 2D still goes for around £400 - £530, which I used as benchmark to calculate a good second hand price. Seeing as my unit has never been used (I bought two and ended up using only one) I figured £300 would be a good deal. So I head over to ebay to find, horror shock, TheDiskDJstore sells them for £225!

I thought, this can't be right, so I called them. Sure thing, they sell'em for £225 brand new. The reason; they bought a whole bunch off Allen&Heath for dirt cheap. The reason for that; The 2D has been discontinued!

So I thought, ok, better to hear from the horse's mouth, and gave A&H a call. They told me this is indeed the truth. About a month or two back they decided to cut the 2D, but still had like a 1000 in stock. To get rid of them they made a couple of irresistible deals with some suppliers.

Being a proud 92 owner I got a bit nervous and screamed, what about the 92!? No the lady said, that is still selling extremely well, so I relaxed. Then my brain quickly did the numbers, 2D leads to 1D and 4D. The answer to that was that production of the 1D, like the 2D, had been stopped. However, the 4D is apparently still a very good seller and will remain on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

But, just before we said goodbye, she was kind enough to tell me the XONE:02 and XONE:32 are both receiving the same fate as the 2D/1D.

So, after my long blabber, here's the short - the following XONE products have been, or will very shortly be discontinued:

XONE:1D/2D/02/32

Question is, did I miss the announcement, or is this a stealth job?
    Last edited by Destrukto; 03-15-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Destrukto View Post
    XONE:1D/2D/02/32

Question is, did I miss the announcement, or is this a stealth job?
    People still buy those? People haven't been buying 1Ds and 2Ds for a couple years really after the X1 came out and I can't remember the last time I heard about someone wanting a 32 or 02. You probably didn't hear anything because no one really cares.

True, I just expected A&H would mention something on the Xone website, where all 4 of those products are still listed as current.
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Honestly, I thought the :32 was discontinued like 2 years ago....

And maybe as long as they still have stock, they'll continue to list them on the site?
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |