MAPPING Traktor Pro 2, Kronstrol S2 and Maschine Mikro.
    Tech Wizard

Default MAPPING Traktor Pro 2, Kronstrol S2 and Maschine Mikro.

Hey guys, I've had an S2 for about 6 months, love it, and i've also picked up a maschine mikro . Im trying to start using it more within traktor pro 2 to expand my overall control and minimize the need to touch my macbook. however im not that educated ON mapping and have had a hard time finding beginner type step by step instructions and tutorials for what im trying to do.

this is what ive accomplished so far:
    Using the 16 mikro pads i've mapped hot cues so i now have access to 8 instead of the standard 4 on the s2. The first problem i've encountered is deleting hotcues when needed. I like how on the s2 i can hold shift + the 1,2,3 or 4 hotcue buttons on the s2 and delete them but when using the mikro i cant figure this out. Ive mapped the erase button on my mikro to DELETE Hotcue but i have to hit the hotcue button that i want to delete first and then the erase button on the mikro ive mapped which needless to say sucks and pretty much mean its impossible this way to delete and set a new hotcue during a live set. I tried holding shift on the s2 and my corresponding mikro hotcue button(hotcue 8 for example but that didnt work so im wondering how to map the mikro erase button so that i can hold it and then press the hotcue pad on the mikro that i want to delete on the fly. i cant figure out in traktors mapping section how to successfully map things the way the default mapping for the s2 utilizes the shift button. its frustrating the hell out of me and i dont know if it has to do with modifiers(which i have no idea what those do or how to use them. Its been very difficult trying to teach myself this stuff and any help will be greatly appreciated. i dont have the cash right now to get the tractor bible9not sure if that details all this stuff but was hoping there is a site out there that shows examples of how to map certain things and what the functions are.

OR if anyone has a good maschine mikro tsi mapping that would be good to use along with my S2 that would be amazing. I'd still like to learn this stuff tho. I cant believe how great some people are at creating these custom mappings and dont know if they just used trial and error or how they got so skilled with this stuff. If i had someone to walk me through it im sure its simple once you see it done but man o man is it been hard to self teach this stuff. Please help as im getting very discouraged and bored with the limited default mapping of the S2. i also tried ean goldens custom mapping but there were several features i didnt like and i dont know how to change them (Like the loops only being able to be set on beat grid markers and not being able to scroll through a song with the loop out knob.)

I'm new to MIDI mapping but here is my Mikro mapping, let me know what you think, its a work in progress and some feed back would be much appreciated.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=50569
    Allapart

Tech Wizard

Thanks man, I'll check it out and try to mess around with it this weekend. From your description in your thread it looks pretty killer, did you self teach yourself to do all the mapping?. I think your mapping would work extremely well bc i can still use another group on the mikro for 8 hotcues per deck and other settings. Thats one thing i love about using the mikro in traktor is that each time you switch groups when mapping you get a blanck canvas for new settings so its really like having 128 pads at your disposal(16 pads x 8groups=128).

I havent put a ton of time in as of recently but still cant figure out mapping on my own too well. Did you use any websites or manuals as a reference or just trial and error? id really like to get mine set up for hotcues & delete hotcue by holding the erase button on the mikro and pressing the corresponding hot cue pad i wanna delete 1 thru 8. I cant for the life of me figure out how to map a button that way tho but im sure its simple once explained but im having a hard time doing it on my own. I basically just want to be able to map a button(not 1 of the 16 pads) to act like the shift key on my s2 so that i can delete the hotcues mapped to the pads on the fly.

This way it would allow me to always have the sample button on the s2 activated since all my hotcues would be on the mikro.

Thanks for checkin' it out, its still a little buggy but its a nice idea of where I'm heading with it.
    I learned how do mapping from watching DJTT tutorials and reading everything I could in the forums about mappings.
    But most of the real help came out of the videos and articles in the blog area.
    I'm in the process of putting a hot cue set-up like that on group 5, but first I'm going to fix a few bugs in what I have and make it possible to transition between tracks, & ploop, and rework the Slicer & Masher to make them a lttle tighter.
    Allapart