Traktor setting gain values much lower for edits that I export out of ableton
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor setting gain values much lower for edits that I export out of ableton

I recently tried to put the tracks that I export out of ableton into traktor and the gain value is about a half of most songs...and they don't sound as full, I know they arent mastered but some of my tracks are just simple 2 or 3 song mashups...

Is there an intermediate program or setting that I am missing when exporting from ableton?

When I upload to soundcloud all of my songs sound comparable to the originals or other songs that I listen to on soundcloud.

Is there anything that I can do outside of learning how to master a mashup or mix that will increase the gain/make the song more full.

Tech Guru

bump, trying to figure this out by tonight.

Tech Mentor

a lower autogain value suggests a *louder* track. suppose the average track in your collection has an autogain of 1 and suppose your edit has an autogain of -1. that would mean traktor considers your edit to be louder than the average track in your collection.

Export your songs a bit quieter in Ableton (turn master volume down) ?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Export your songs a bit quieter in Ableton (turn master volume down) ?
    What do your exported files looking is there high peaks all over the place or pretty flat ?

e.g More like the top file or more like the bottom ?

Tech Mentor

@deevey: good question. i'm not sure, either, if OP thinks his tracks are too hot or too cold.

Tech Guru

tracks are too cold when imported into traktor, when i convert to MP3 for posting to soundcloud they are fine...

So soundcloud is better at autogain than traktor?

You can listen if you want.

http://soundcloud.com/rukks

I think eq'ing may have something to do with it but nonetheless I just cranked the gain manually tonight for my gig and every mashup I dropped got a good reaction...granted its friday night of st. paddy's day weekend.