HELP with hercules and mixxx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default HELP with hercules and mixxx

Hello someone, anyone, you, person, dude, chick, whatever. i have downloaded mixx and own a hercules mp3 e2. i have not been able to connect the two. when i go into settings, and select MIDI controllers, it does not show up. does the mp3 e2 not count as a midi coz it comes with its own software?

i have already posted this and was told i need to install drivers. WHAT DRIVERS????? i got my first gig on april 4 and i would like to use my mixxx because it is more powerful and virtual dj le crashes.

please, you are my only hope.

tips for reaktor 5 player would help as well, but those dont matter.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zeddee View Post
    Hello someone, anyone, you, person, dude, chick, whatever. i have downloaded mixx and own a hercules mp3 e2. i have not been able to connect the two. when i go into settings, and select MIDI controllers, it does not show up. does the mp3 e2 not count as a midi coz it comes with its own software?

i have already posted this and was told i need to install drivers. WHAT DRIVERS????? i got my first gig on april 4 and i would like to use my mixxx because it is more powerful and virtual dj le crashes.

thanks!
    it's not a class compliant device so needs drivers from hercules to show up as a midi device: http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/h...control_mp3_e2

the link to the hercules drivers page is on that webpage too. i remember i had to install some drivers when i was using my herc mk2.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

i haven't played with it enough, but 1.10 looks pretty cool. i just like the effects in traktor i guess to move to an app now that doesn't really have many. just adding a vst host might solve that tho or a bunch of virtual send/returns but that might get messy...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Well vsti effects are amazing and the amount of great free ones is the big thing

true... i've actually been hunting the interweb for free vst's the last few days to use with my ableton live5. pretty cool how much is out there. if mixxx had a vst host and i could find some vst's to replicate what i like in traktor and have them synched then it could be quite interesting. i think newer versions of mixxx can send out midi clock now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zeddee View Post

thanks!
    Dude. The second post was a link. With an explanation of WHY you needed drivers, and then a direct link TO the drivers. How much more did you need?

From the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Wizard

how to install em. i am such a fucking noob... *sob sob*

Tech Wizard

how to install em. i am such a fucking noob... *sob sob*

just a windows driver i presume.... download and run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast