New Vestax VCI380 - Wowsers - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

http://www.agiprodj.com/vestax-vci-380.html

There's the answer on the street price and predicted sell date.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Guru

very interested

I wouldn't be the happiest guy in the world were I a VCI-400 owner. Don't offer it with any Serato product, if you were going to make a 'lesser featured' controller shortly after to pair with Itch. It just really doesn't make sense to close -400 users out of Itch. You can't cannibalize your market, because there WILL be users who want 4 itch decks, and would be willing to pay a little more for the -400 to get that (along with the ability to use the product with other software). If not they purchase your other Itch based controller. If it's Serato that has the problem (as I suspect they are) due to the fact that it's not an exclusively licensed Itch controller, then it shouldn't matter to Vestax to carry Intro with the -400 at all, since you offer a high end product for Serato as well.
    Cheers!

A filter knob is nice, but redundant. Both Traktor and Itch come with filters as effects so why do you HAVE to have a dedicated filter control? It's a nice touch in Traktor, but hardly a requirement.
    Cheers!

Correct me of I'm wrong but I don't think ITCH has a one knob filter with any controller. SSL has one which is mappable, but the FX in ITCH are a little more limited. You can engage a LP or HP filter in the FX section but not a 1 knob job.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

A&H Analogue filters (other than the 22) have parameters. It's not a one knob job. Pioneer's 250 800 and 900 are the only mixers in their lines that I can think of that have HP/LP in a single pot as well. My Zero mixers have filters with multiple parameter settings. Traktor controllers are of course going to have the filter pot, to offer 1:1 control of the software, so I'm inclined to disagree on the controller side of the argument.
    Cheers!

So what's going on with this thing? Any more info on a possible release date? Still waiting on an Itch upgrade?
    Cheers!

Itch has super filters which gives you a nice touch and remember traktor 1.14 or whatever had only filters and where 3 parameter controlled. With most things a filter requires more then one knob. Mostly 3 hp bp lp cut res.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234