I'm ready to buy a new setup but don't know what to get...

View Poll Results: What should I go with?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • S4 and a MidiFighter

5 62.50%
  • MC6000 with two external decks (and maybe a midifighter)

2 25.00%
  • Other (please list)

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Tech Student

Default I'm ready to buy a new setup but don't know what to get...

Currently I'm using a Hercules MK-4. I've mapped it to toggle between 4 decks but I've beyond outgrown the thing.

I love the DDJ1 but I keep hearing people say its cheaply made, and not to mention it's dead in the water without a laptop, no standalone mixing.

I LOVE the S4... like really love the thing, but it's a few hundred dollars more expensive than its rival MC6000, and like the DDJ1 its dead in the water without a laptop.

I DJ out a lot and theres nothing worse than having laptop or controller issues and being stared at in silence.

Right now I'm leaning towards the MC6000 because I can handle Traktor, and mix on 4 digital decks, and if I want to later on I can connect CD decks or Turntables to the C and D channels and even if my laptop bursts into flames I can keep mixing on the two seperate decks because its a stand-alone mixer. I actually like the cramped interface on the MC6000 as well; not to mention its on average $200-$300 cheaper than the S4; and I've heard from a few people that it has fewer computer and latency issues than the S4...

The only downside to the MC6000 (from what I've heard and read) is that it doesnt integrate so seamlessly with other controllers. All over the web there are videos and forums talking about using the S4 seamlessly with Midi Fighters, T1, X1... All sorts of stuff. I cant find many people who are using a MidiFighter with the InstantGratification map alongside a MC6000...

My budget is $1200...If I could afford to buy a pair of CDJ900's and a cheap Mixer I would lol

Either way, I await your opinions and feedback.

As far as I know the Denon one does not include Traktor Pro 2, so you would have to calculate 200bucks on top!
    I've got the S4 and I'm very happy with it. Whether it tends to get issues or not depends highly on your laptop power. But mine is fine. Btw: If you're interested in working with the S4 and some CDJs or TTs by side, just check out my offer in the buy and sell forum as I sell the Traktor Kontrol S4 Scratch Upgrade Kit including the software upgrade, Timecode Vinyls and Timecode CDs. I'm sure we could figure out the right price.
    Happy DJing!

Tech Convert

I say go with the denon. To me the traktor s4 and denon are about the same. You will be happy with either, but with the denon being alot cheaper(2 used ones on here also), a stand alone mixer and a booth out put, its a no brainier why I went that route. The denon will also work perfectly with a MIDI fighter, x1,f1, and K2. I just think most controllerists go the s4 route, but in reality the denon is equally as efficient.