Where to get 'extended version' of top40 pop tracks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    By extended mix do you mean intros and outros? Almost every record pool should have them. Mymp3pool does.
    +1 on mymp3pool,
    Its what i used when i started playing top40 in bars, tons of remixes with full intro/outro's
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Hey guys , im facing the same problem..

Cant seem to find top40s with intros and outros , i find it difficult to mix from one to another as i would on my EDM sets because usually the lyrics start too soon.

Any more sites to recommend to find ? EDM is all over the place so remixes/extended mix are plenty

Quote Originally Posted by DJQoy View Post
    Hey guys , im facing the same problem..

Cant seem to find top40s with intros and outros , i find it difficult to mix from one to another as i would on my EDM sets because usually the lyrics start too soon.

Any more sites to recommend to find ? EDM is all over the place so remixes/extended mix are plenty
    How about reading the thread? They usually don't exist.

Tech Mentor

hi guys,

i take it that you guys asking for these extended versions mix mainly EDM types of music were the standard length is around 6-8 mins for a track...

i can see why you would be having trouble mixing the shorter top40 tracks, but it can be done numerous ways without the need of a 30sec intro outro to make its really boring for 1. you and 2. the crowd..

i started of djing Hip Hop & RnB and this was something i had to learn, but i find it has helped me so much now that i play EDM and has made me a better dj...

1. Loop is your friend - most top40 will at least have a 8bar intro without or with miminal vocals, LOOP blend it to the playin tracks chorus... also it dosent have to be just beats you loop... one mix i used to do a lot was loop the intro beat from J-Kwons - Tipsy with a loop on the start of the vocals from the fugees - ready or not - crowd reaction mental, you look like a ledge, bang a kind of live remix

2. Delay Freeze is your other friend - as stated above the delay freeze is a great tool to help transition through your loops, entertain the crowd and tighten up your mix's. also incase your dont know a little gem about the delay freeze i use at top40 gigs is its a great way to move between BPMS. once you have hit the delay freeze, stop the trak you have frozen and start the next, the echo from the frezzze will (on trakor) automatically change to the changed tracks bpm.... very handy way to go from 120 to 95 for example

3. 3rd Deck/sample/remix - if your confident in your ability and you are really struggeling with the lack of intro and outros then utalise a seprate deck, and lay a nice drum loop so you can mix out and mix in a new track.... even a well known loop will do. i use 'arrested developments - everyday people' at times on a loop on the third deck to add a different dimension to a mix. although you have to be spot on with EQ'ing otherwise this sumetimes just makes it all to cloggy to the ears...

All in all, its a great way to improve as a dj and challange yourself so you dont have to realy on 'extended mixes' and once you can do it you will reep the benefits from it yourself. i get tired of listening to dj mixes that are a hour long and have about 8-10 tracks becasue theres only a mix happening in the intro/outro!

Good Luck Guys

i hope this helps
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

#thatPOWER - NASA Acap Intro by Will.I.Am - DJcity UK MP3 Record Pool - Windows Internet Explore.jpgOn DJCity quite alot of the top40 tracks have a intro version by DJ "Insert Name here", which basically consist of 16/32 bars of 4 to the floor before and after the main song, i find these quite usefull and will always play these versions out instead of the OG.
    Last edited by JayRuss; 03-28-2013 at 07:23 AM.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Mentor

This thread is why I dont go to clubs anymore where its open Format :P Wonkiest style to ever DJ ive seen The point of pop is that its not as repetitive as Techno lol.. 1 verse 1 chorus.. so the other 2 verses are the same? :P If the radio changed the song every 1:30 to 2 minutes id be calling them up heh

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    This thread is why I dont go to clubs anymore where its open Format :P Wonkiest style to ever DJ ive seen The point of pop is that its not as repetitive as Techno lol.. 1 verse 1 chorus.. so the other 2 verses are the same? :P If the radio changed the song every 1:30 to 2 minutes id be calling them up heh
    +1
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    +1
    ++1

If you're DJing top 40, you need to stop obsessing with BPM's and beatmatching. A really bad habit for Top 40. Learn to mix in some effects and different types of blends. Sometimes you stumble on some beatmatching tracks, but for the most part, have fun and forget about BPM's and beatmatching. Work on reading the crowd and programming for them. If you bang an AC/DC track out of a Ke$sha track, they will cheer.

And also ... loops are your friend.
    >
    Last edited by loverocket; 03-28-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Tech Guru

why do folks think open format is not beatmatched?

There are some very talented open format Dj's out there --- Heavy Hitters, Scam Artists have a few in the line ups. If I wanted to be a good open format DJ i'd worry less about effects, loops, or any other "trick" and learn a handful of scratches. That + some beat matched tracks and you can hop around genre's with no issues.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast