Should i buy a Traktor S2?
    Tech Mentor

Default Should i buy a Traktor S2?

I'll be studying in Santa Barbara this fall and considering buying a kontrol S2 before the sale closes!

The idea is to have one so I can be gigging at campus / parties and use my Audio 6 Soundcard, 2x Midi-fighters and "lemur iPad" (which will be controlling ableton fx via jackrouter) on clubs or venues and use it's mixer.

Before I start planning burning some of my salary, I would like to know your opinion on my buying plan
    Last edited by Lilja; 03-17-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    I'll be studying in Santa Barbara this fall and considering buying a kontrol S2 before the sale closes!

The idea is to have one so I can be gigging at campus / parties and use my Audio 6 Soundcard, 2x Midi-fighters and "lemur iPad" (which will be controlling ableton fx via jackrouter) on clubs or venues and use it's mixer.

Before I start planning burning some of my salary, I would like to know your opinion on my buying plan

I have scowered the web high and low for the best prices on the s2. If all you are looking to purchase is the s2 itself i would recommend techtools just because of the extra freebies they throw in. But i purchsed my s2 the proaudiostar.com because they have a 250 dollar flight case for 150 if you buy the s2 through them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Native-Instr...773#vi-content

Short answer: yes. The S2 is a great unit that's very portable, is very capable of doing just about anything, and it's a great buy right now. Out of curiosity, what do you play on a regular night?
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mikro, Equator D5s

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
    Short answer: yes. The S2 is a great unit that's very portable, is very capable of doing just about anything, and it's a great buy right now. Out of curiosity, what do you play on a regular night?
    Mostly electro / dubstep but also enjoy playing tech 'n' french house

Tech Mentor

Le bump

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

At the current price YES deffo.

At the regular price, I'd look for something else.