Recommend me a Synthesizer!
    Tech Guru

Default Recommend me a Synthesizer!

Looking to get a hard synth, I produce Tech-House, Deep-House if that helps

anyone wanna help me out
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

not sure you would want a VA or analog synth or a workstation.
    I have a Roland Fantom G6 as my main production workstation, great machine, great sounds...sturdily built.
    for my 2nd synth i'm looking for a more hands on approach. the GAIA SH-01 is at the top of my list

I just got my Virus Ti Desktop and this thing is absolutely incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Luconia View Post
    not sure you would want a VA or analog synth or a workstation.
    I have a Roland Fantom G6 as my main production workstation, great machine, great sounds...sturdily built.
    for my 2nd synth i'm looking for a more hands on approach. the GAIA SH-01 is at the top of my list
    Is the G6 actually a synth? I thought it was just a work station with inbuilt sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I just got my Virus Ti Desktop and this thing is absolutely incredible.
    Congrats . I'd love to hear something you've made (even if you have nothing with the Ti online - post something you created before)!

Nord! (clavia.se)

Xone's Virus Ti looks really sweet, also!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Congrats . I'd love to hear something you've made (even if you have nothing with the Ti online - post something you created before)!
    Heh, not yet. I'm still very new with production and am not quite at the point yet where my production is good enough that it is on a level with where my taste is at and I want to share it and I keep deleting old stuff from soundcloud. It's weird but I kind of feel like if I start sharing sub par stuff now (anything I couldn't see released on some of the labels I like) I won't push myself as much to get to that level where I want it and know I will get it.

I really feel like the virus was the best purchase possible though. I absolutely despise sound design and tweaking with just a mouse or some generic midi controller and I hate most of the popular soft synths. The virus is incredible, sound blows every VST synth I have used away and the experience of using hardware is exactly what I was missing. I actually enjoy sitting down with it when before I just didn't enjoy that aspect of production- you also get all the benefits of a vst synth with the routing and integration of the ti.

I think the Virus TI is a kind of standard for Dance production. Lots of well-known artists use it. Nevertheless it's a bit pricey!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Is the G6 actually a synth? I thought it was just a work station with inbuilt sounds.
    it's not a real synth by the standards, and it's well known as ROMplers :P

Virus Ti is a staple nowadays in dance music, but if i got a chance i would like some V-Synth XT or the Nord Stage 2