How to make iTunes read "comment" field from mp3 ID3 Tag. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DRM is not the issue, it's literally my whole collection. I have to figure out how to make iTunes read the ID3 comment field.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What version of iTunes are you using?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I find if I analyse tracks In mixed in key then add to itunes, then the tags will be in there. But if they are already in itunes then it is a painstaking task of right clicking each tracks individually and select get info.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What version of iTunes are you using?
    10.6 (latest version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    I find if I analyse tracks In mixed in key then add to itunes, then the tags will be in there. But if they are already in itunes then it is a painstaking task of right clicking each tracks individually and select get info.
    Select all, then get info and change the value in a field you don't use.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Select all, then get info and change the value in a field you don't use.
    selecting all doesn't work for some odd reason. I analyses my tracks in mik4. but I do this before I add to itunes. once in itunes I sort by comments, and they ones that have not got the key i will analyse again, but then it will only add to the comment field once i get info for each song individually. IT DOES NOT WORK FOR MULTIPLE TRACKS, not sure why?
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    You don't have to do each track...if you wanted to, you could just play it and the track would update automatically. The easiest way to update all is select all, right click, convert ID3 tags, then convert to 2.4 - this should update all of them at once.

However, the original poster is saying this doesn't work, which is a bit odd....especially when the key is showing in the comment field in Traktor.

I know Traktor has other fields that itunes doesn't have, for example the "Key" field exists in Traktor, but not in iTunes. Using RE3, my key's show up under the "Grouping" field in iTunes and the "Key" field in Traktor - there is no "Grouping" field in Traktor.

I know there is a "Comment 2" field in Traktor that isn't in iTunes, could they be showing up in that field in Traktor?
    nope.

Looking at their website, I would contact them directly. The developer says he'll help with issues on his FAQ. It seems like this would be a major issue if this is happening to everyone.

https://github.com/ibsh/is_KeyFinder/wiki/
    http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/
    nope.

He's working on it now.

I think you can convert Itunes music to MP3 format, which saves you more trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12