What keywords do you use to search for new music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What keywords do you use to search for new music?

Hey Guys!

What keywords do you use to search for new music, like releases, previews, free downloads, reviews - on Google? Are you looking for the name of a track, or just something like 'edm blog'?
    DJ-Lounge - where the music meets the deejay!
    Your daily dose of electronic dance music!

I look at some blogs I like. Check out thissongissick.com

I mostly use Beatport.com . There I listen to the new Top 10 songs of my favourite genres weekly and that is normally enough for me. Additionally I search for some old 80's and 90's songs if their melody doen't make any attempt to go out of my head. And I listen a lot to internet radios. If I like a song being played, I search and buy it!

I'm a heavy blog follower. Big fan of the way Earmilk go about it.

I generally use the Traxsource and Juno but sometimes ı dont feel like paying ı use the heavnly GOOGLE you type the keyword he will find the song place4djs.com and electromaniacs also good for finding songs in 320 kbps.
    Macbook Pro-Mixmeister Fusion-Traktor Pro 2-Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by Serkan Yerdan View Post
    I generally use the Traxsource and Juno but sometimes ı dont feel like paying ı use the heavnly GOOGLE you type the keyword he will find the song place4djs.com and electromaniacs also good for finding songs in 320 kbps.
    just had a look at MOD EDIT no illegal DL links, that's what u mean?

All links are for evaluation purposes only! All files downloaded from the links from this site need to be deleted within 24 hours from your computer.
    nothing too legal i don't suspect about that site and domain place4djs.com isn't even registered.

when i want to search for new music i tend to just spend a few hours browsing djtunes.com, and searching on there from stuff mentioned on threads here. tends to eat up a bunch of time but i usually end up with a decent shopping cart of stuff to buy...
    Last edited by photojojo; 03-19-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Don't really use keywords...
    (I'll use a silly example)
    I usually find an artists I really like. i.e. Datsik

Find their discog and listen through it, get what I like.

Take note of what labels/artists they did a lot of work with. i.e. Datsik I noticed did A LOT of work with Excision on Rottun Records

Check out that artists discog/labels, and then that process alone can go on forever pretty much. i.e. I looked through Excisions discog, got a what I liked, and moved onto the next artists.. goes on from there, in the end it was something like.. Datsik->Excision->Downlink->Calvertron->FS->etc.
    Keywords don't turn up much unless you really know what you're looking for.

I just check my Facebook News Feed. Theres a couple of awesome pages that just keep posting songs from youtube, and most of them are pretty decent. I use MFL playlists and Music Updates mainly.

Awesome for a morning as well, i just open up about 10 tabs of youtube and just play song after song
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

MOD EDIT No illegal DL links

literally has every big release on free download and they somehow get the extenede versions right when they come up.
    Also if you have a beatport account you should follow the artists and labels you've purchased from so whenever you go back you look up new releases by the artists and label in the tab. Also id say following djs on facebook and twitter helps cause they usually promote new releases heavily.
    Last edited by photojojo; 03-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mco View Post
    literally has every big release on free download and they somehow get the extenede versions right when they come up.
    hm...maybe because this site is totally illegal and unacceptable to be posted in the forums?
    Last edited by photojojo; 03-19-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast