Using iPhone like Midi Fighter
    Tech Convert

Default Using iPhone like Midi Fighter

YO all,
    So in my impatience after seeing the Midi Fighter 3d videos I had to come up with something until it drops.

My alternative for the time being was to make use of the iPhone's accelerometer. Luckily I had a copy of TB midi stuff tiny which transmits the accelerometer data to midi to traktor. I made a page that controls two group FX slots and a single effect as well, all with the accell. There's buttons to activate FX set to push and also looping control down to the PLOOP(credit to DJ Shiftee).

Any how i'm just kinda starting out with Traktor and DJing in general, but this thing is powerful.

Like Ean describes the power of the MF 3D using muscle memory to hit the same amount of FX each time, its pretty on. I am sure when the great developer at TB Midi puts the Gyro in it will be even better.

Of course this will not stop me from getting a MF 3D when I can sell enough plasma, but until then this is sup afresh. See Pic of screen, different screens have same control with more cues, and another screen with ten buttons that change all FX choices, all slots one button.

If anyone out there is using TB midi stuff or TB tiny post a response and I'll put up the template pages and tsi. I'd like any input on improving this tiny powerful control.

Here's link to TB midi stuff tiny
    http://www.thiburce.com/TBStuff/?page_id=94
    Put

photo.jpg
    Last edited by tput; 03-19-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add link

Tech Mentor

very very interested in using my iphone accelerometer like the midifighter 3d. what do i need besides the tb midi stuff app? ive got osculator and have configured a couple wireless control surface apps in the past. im really excited about controlling traktor effect parameters with accelerometer data!!
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Tech Mentor

How do you connect this upto traktor ?

Tech Mentor

Could I essentially dj away from my computer?

Tech Convert

Default what you need

Here's the tsi and pages for TB midi tiny(attached)TB Trakta.zip, only thing is FX 1,3 need to be in group mode 2,4 in single

lemme know if you have questions

also check out my iPad touchosc template at
    http://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/71

Put

Tech Convert

yes