Not A Setup, But Help Is Needed To Modify One! Please Help! Help Will Be Appreciated!
    Tech Student

Default Not A Setup, But Help Is Needed To Modify One! Please Help! Help Will Be Appreciated!

Hey everyone! I really need your help. So, I have 1 NX Audio Carbon 3 Mixer, and 2 NX Audio 700 CDJ's. I also have a M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface. I do not know how to connect my hardware setup to my MacBook Pro Laptop. Please help me.
    P.S. My Mixer does not have a USB port in the back.
    Any type of help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

1. Connect your hardware to do what, control timecode or record your sets?

2.If you want to control timecode what software are you running? VDJ/Traktor/Serato?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Student

I donno what control timecode and record sets, but what I want to do is, when I'm DJing, I want to use my laptop as the library, like other DJ's do at concerts e.g. Avicii, Sebastian Ingrosso, Guetta etc. I hope you understand what I mean I have Virtual DJ Pro, and I have Serato Scratch Live which I downloaded from the official site for free somehow, but none have worked yet. Thanks in advance

You need to do a lot more reading up on how this stuff works since you clearly have no idea. Serato only works if you have a serato sound card (it won't work with the fast track). To do what you want to do you need a way of controlling the music with your CDJs, and that's where timecode comes in.

I suggest you read up (Wikipedia will probably tell you) on digital vinyl systems (DVS).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Ok, your wanting to use timecode. you can either go with your virtual DJ, (which i assume you can use any soundcard), or Traktor/Serato, which you have to buy a dedicated certified soundcard.

Im not sure the fastrack pro will work because its 1/4"in inputs (anyone else want to clarify on this?)

the virtual DJ website recommends this for using their timecode,
    THIS

If you want to use traktor you will have to buy and Audio 4/6/8/10 soundcard
    If you want to use Serato scratch you will have to buy a rane SL1/2/3/4
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Student

Okay thanks fullenglishpint and Hoodless. I just wanted to know one more thing, to use my mixer with the soundcard (not the one I have, but anyone) does it have to have a usb port? I hope the answer is a no

No, the mixer only handles audio. Audio comes from the laptop to the sound card digitally and is output in the same way as a CDJ or anything else.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

As a newbie to timecode, although you may at some point want to upgrade to using serato or traktor, i suggest that you use Mixxx to begin with, its free software, and its actually pretty damn good. you can download the timecode tracks off the winternet, and burn them to CD's. then you place them into the CDJ's, and plug the outputs into your soundcard. you plug the soundcard outputs into the line channels on your mixer. You then set up each channel seperately as a left and right deck, in the settings in Mixxx, to allow control of each deck. I personally dont use mixxx but if you want to use timecode for free try that out, and if you've any problems report back and we'll try and sort them for ya man!