S2 vs S4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: S2 vs S4

Tech Wizard

Default S2 vs S4

I have the perfect cunning plan to make money, by July I will have approx $1120, by earning $10 a day for four months. But now, i have two choices, I want to know the upsides for getting a S2 , and so for an S4.

I will mash songs, but I probably be doing a lot of looping and layering to make my own ones.

This is what I plan to get from the DJTT store

S2+Tma-1 headphones+ Midifighter=$798 and $322 left over.

Or

S4 + tma1 headphones+ Midifighter= 1223 and I need $103 from my parents, but it's the minimum.

So help me decide.

If you have the money, go for the s4, more functions, 4 channel mixer, only con is the size.
    Are you going to use is as a mobile DJ or at home?
    in the second case size no matters
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

aside from size, the big difference is 2 decks vs. 4
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Leave the midifighter, get s4 and TMA's

Get midifighter, or MFpro at later date
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

I have the S2. It's pure basic stuff. Nothing complicated. If you're just mixing simple then S2 would be it. That is if you're don't intend to do complex stuff. If you want more complicated mixing adding sounds everywhere then get the bigger brother S4.

Take it this way you're paying for a stock car without options (S2), or you can pay for a car with options like BOSE surround added (S4)

Personally I had an s2 and an s4. To me the s2 is more then enough. two channel, sample decks and cue points. plus it has a midi mode. With the DJTT mapping it pretty good to do everything. The s4 is nice with 4 channels but I never used all 4 channels. The biggest plus is its scratch capable, so for turntables it could be nice, but besides thats its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Leave the midifighter, get s4 and TMA's

Get midifighter, or MFpro at later date
    +1

The MF is cool, but I'd take an S4 over a MF and S2. Also, after having the MF for a few months now I'd say you're better off with an X1 long term. The MF IG mapping is nice for quickly applying effects, but an X1 allows you to apply effects dynamically - adjusting rate, dry/wet, etc. so you don't have the same sound over and over. Then again, you could get both and have the best of both worlds.

Honestly I have an S4, IMO get the S4 and a Kontrol X1 instead of a midi fighter for now. If you're just starting out you should really get an S4, decent headphones, and some desktop monitors. I promise the S4 will be more than enough to learn on and when you feel limited expand then to the MF, MFP, X1, or F1. Save that money for music, my man. Heres a link to a pair of monitors to start out on. http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMS16

Quote Originally Posted by DStridium View Post
    Honestly I have an S4, IMO get the S4 and a Kontrol X1 instead of a midi fighter for now. If you're just starting out you should really get an S4, decent headphones, and some desktop monitors. I promise the S4 will be more than enough to learn on and when you feel limited expand then to the MF, MFP, X1, or F1. Save that money for music, my man. Heres a link to a pair of monitors to start out on. http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMS16
    Good find on the monitors. Those actually sound pretty decent from the reviews and "decent" is high praise considering how inexpensive those are.

Thanks man!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast