Stage Fright

Thread: Stage Fright

Default Stage Fright

Well me and a friend just recently got together and started working on a project called Light and Sound, its nothing special just me DJ'ing and him doing the lights (VJ'ing). Well we do house/complextro/dubstep/dancier hip-hop and we've just done our second show and people around here are really diggin it because there's no one around here really getting into it like us and putting the time and effort into it like we are. Well a promoter for a new club in Jackson (capital of our "great" Mississippi and the biggest town around us by far) saw our video and decided to book us for their special Cinco De Mayo show for a four hour set. Till now i've only done about 20-30 house parties and my friend has only played at 2 of them, and we got instant stage fright and its nowhere near time to play!! Any tips to conquer this feeling? I mean i'm extremely excited but horribly nervous at the same time

Just be confident dude! Congrats on getting the gig, if everyone's enjoyed your previous sets then there's no reason they won't like this one and a step up to the next level is always good.

Like everyone always says, just enjoy it. DJing is one of the greatest jobs in the world.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Congratz, have a few drinks and smoke lots of tabs, usually helps.
    If that doesn't work drop a few Beta-blockers
    Twitch and Itch

I mean if possible bring along friends who have seen your shows before; they'll most likely be supportive either way and it doesnt hurt to have friends around when your stressed. If you look like you know what your doing and your having fun doing it you'll be in the clear.

+1 bring friends. Makes a new gig feel a lot more comfortable.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

thanks guys! Im definitely going to have fun because i always have an amazing time when i mix. I dunno just the fact that im getting paid and such makes me kinda doubt my self in a good way, because it will make me sharpen my skills before hand. Like AM once said "The greatest career is finding something you would be happy doing for free, and someone paying you for it."