QSC K12... Woah
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QSC K12... Woah

Tech Student

Default QSC K12... Woah

So my boss picked up two QSC K12's and we used them at an event on Saturday. Damn was I impressed.

The sound these little guys put out is shocking. The Highs and Mids are so crisp and these things can really pump out some nice lows (pair these with a sub and its gameover!) We were in a medium sized room barely showing up on our meters and had GREAT sound. Their coverage is amazing, I noticed little to no drop offs. They can put out some SERIOUS volume too.

Compared to the 6 or 7 sets of Mackie SRM 450's we have v1 and v2's they blow em out of the water.

Would definitely recommend checking them out.

Only real drawback for me was that they only have one side handle for carrying.

Thought everyone should know!!

-Carma

Tech Guru

I always hear great things about these. I recently picked up some RCF Art 15's and like the QSC they have great coverage and very crisp mid's and highs, but for a pair of 15's they are lacking any significant amount of low end "thump". I think the K12's although they are 12's hit harder.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Yeah QSCs + QSC sub is amazing. Can't get much better for any sort of mobile stuff.

Tech Mentor

where i am from in Miami there is a QSC dealer, every event they host they use the QSC's and they sound amazing

I use K12's and a KW181. Fantastic speakers, and worth mentioning is the 6 year warranty. Just can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by GraytScott View Post
    I use K12's and a KW181. Fantastic speakers, and worth mentioning is the 6 year warranty. Just can't beat it.
    +1 on the warranty. That's pretty much unheard of for stuff meant of mobile applications. I use the KW181 and HPR12's, and dear mother of god... what nice sound. I'm toying with the idea of another KW181, and upgrading to a couple of the 3 way towers.

Quote Originally Posted by GraytScott View Post
    This is exactly what I am going I buy in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    This is exactly what I am going I buy in about a month.

If you don't mind a tad more weight and a slightly higher price, the KW or HPR tops are better. A wood cabinet is always going to give you much better acoustics than plastic.

Tech Mentor

K series speakers are indeed very solid for the price. Can't say the same about the subs. They are however, very portable.

Yeah I don't know about the ksub but the KW18 is absolutely sick.

I used to have HPR122is and HPR 151i sub and it was pretty amazing sounding. Two KW18s would do some damage in a small room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast