How do i hook up Audio 4 DJ to a mixer?
    Tech Wizard

Default How do i hook up Audio 4 DJ to a mixer?

I've searched all around here, and now my search thing button doesnt seem to work it just comes up unavailable..

Is it possible to hook up a Audio 4 DJ to a Allen & Heath mixer and use a vci-100se with it? And how do i do this? I've check native instruments but i cant find anything on it either.

thnx for your help!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It depends on how you want to work it.

You can do all your mixing internally and run into one channel on the Allen & Heath, just using it as a channel to hit the speakers

Or you can mix externally. The problem with mixing externally is you only have 2 stereo outs from the Audio4. This means that you can only run two channels in stereo. Your alternative is to run all four channels in mono, which is a possibility. You can run the VCI-100 alongside it as a MIDI controller just fine, shouldn't be an issue at all.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

yeah most likely i would like to jsut use it as a channel to hit the speakers.. so i just need to use 2 rca's into the mixer? The mixer is fully hooked up to the club system.

Yes select the master output in tracktor to the 2 channels of the audio 4 that you are going to use then connect that 2 channels with rca to one line of the mixer. When you do this in the club make sure to test that the output level in traktor is not to loud so it does not make the mixer´s channels VU indicator go red.