VCI-400 headphone cueing -- no sound, Traktor Pro 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 headphone cueing -- no sound, Traktor Pro 2

SOLUTION: In output routing, be sure to select the L/R monitors, or else you can't headphone cue (nor use your monitors, of course).

Hi friends,

I am one of the lucky few that got their hands on the VCI-400 SE edition (hooray!), and let me just say it is beautiful~

I am still waiting for my new monitors to ship (old pair gave away due to relocation), so I have no speakers to hook up to at the moment... but I have a VCI-400 which needs to be played with. Right. Nao. So I figured I could just listen to it via headphone cueing and mess around with it a bit before my monitors come...

But no, the headphone cue does not work. Not sure why, but it isn't working.

I'm running TP2. My headphones work (sound-tested with iPod) and they are plugged in the front next to the cue/master-level knobs. Both knobs have been adjusted, which cue/master all the way on cue and levels half way high. Gain is up on each channel, as is my master volume.

Firmware has been updated, mapping has been importer, all knobs work, all buttons work (as I can see them move in TP2), everything is plugged in correctly...

And yes, the cue button is on

...any ideas?

I guess I'll get my monitors soon and I will test the sound that way. But still, the headphone cue should work!
    Last edited by dtseng01; 03-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Tech Guru

its your output routing

Tech Convert

But what about my output routing...?

Tech Convert

Nevermind figured it out, thank you - you are a blessing!

Tech Guru

yeah all good. Monitor output set to the headphone output on the vci.

Tech Student

I am having the same problem, only when I go to set the monitor output I only have one option and the cueing then goes through my speakers as well.

Bereichsaufnahme 3.pngBereichsaufnahme 6.png

If you've been up these settings, there should be no problems:
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Tech Student

Default experiencing the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by jman458 View Post
    I am having the same problem, only when I go to set the monitor output I only have one option and the cueing then goes through my speakers as well.
    i am also having this problem. just got vci400. on the internal output menu, when i click on monitor out or master out it only gives me speaker L and speake R. using a mapping called VCI400 - tp211 and the controller works fine with traktor on everything. have selected VCI 400 audio as my audio device. using windows vista at the moment. any insights as to why this might be?

at the moment when i press PFL on any of the channels, my monitors start to blast. way loud. ( how did ya all get separate monitor out and master out options in the pull down tap in the first place?

thank you forum..
    Last edited by youngjae; 06-19-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by viper9711 View Post
    Bereichsaufnahme 3.pngBereichsaufnahme 6.png

If you've been up these settings, there should be no problems:
    sorry, if this is a stupid question, but how did you get monitor out and master out? my output setting only gives me "speaker L" and "speaker R"....digging internet and playing around with traktor 2.5 for a while now.. just trying to get on with and make a mix for a dancer friend who is doing a workshop in a few weeks... any help really appreciated! I am one of the guys trying to find a creative way to combine ableton live ( just got apc40) and vestax + traktor set. and with a stage mic (beat boxing + traktor effect)

Tech Convert

what audio device you are selecting? VCI-400 or your PC/Mac sound card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast