VCI-400 EGE pitch control slider
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI-400 EGE pitch control slider

I have never used them because they are so unpredictable. Slight adjustment changes the bpm drastically, then must slam fader to top or bottom to get back to original speed. Had problems with the speed crawling down for no reason before I upgraded to 2.6. Thought eventually an upgrade or something would come along so i could use these but to no avail.
    I thought maybe it was a feature I was unaware of so I tried adjusting it while one song was in master sync but no rhyme or reason was found. Still locks up every time I exit. I guess I just got too busy doing gigs to keep coming here fore help. I make sure the pitch faders are set in the middle before I turn the controller on and never touch them again and the machine performs well. I force shutdown at the end of the night and go on to the next gig. It just seems silly I work on a controller that I can't fully use night after night. I like it, it def. fits my style but I wish I could use it fully.

Tech Mentor

did you try to adjust the pitch and pitch bend sensitivity in traktorīs preferences > transport??
    did you try to remap the sliders in your tsi-map??

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    did you try to adjust the pitch and pitch bend sensitivity in traktorīs preferences > transport??
    did you try to remap the sliders in your tsi-map??

Neither. I should have probably bought the s-4 with how little I tweak things but the ege seemed so cool and I like how it plays, I just am stuck with the sync button which makes my mixes weak.

Tech Mentor

not shure if i got your problem:
    everytime you start djing with traktor on your vci400 special edition the pitch faders react unpredictable. and you donīt use em because you are afraid of messing it up.

have you changed any preferences or tsi commands?
    what tsi-mapping have you loaded? (version number)

found this in the manual:
    __
    Setup Steps
    Each time you open Traktor (v2.6 or greater) to use this VCI-400SE mapping you should do the following steps before starting to play:
    • Move the EQ knobs, Gain knob, Master Volume knob, Filter knobs, Cross fader, and Level Faders so that their physical location corresponds to their software position in Traktor.
    Hold Shift and move the Tempo Fader to its middle position (the red LED will illuminate) so that the deck tempo will reset to its original bpm. Note: This allows your tempo faders to know the middle is the default bpm since the tempo controls are relative commands.
    • Move the jog wheels around to ensure they are responsive to your liking. You can adjust the tightness of the jog wheel by twisting the center top section and can adjust the jog wheel sensitivity by using the L/R Touch Sensor knobs on the front left of the unit. If the L/R sensor knobs are turned all the way to the left the jog wheel will not respond to touch and it they are all the way to the right they will always think you are touching the jog wheel so be careful! Note: It is recommended to turn the sensor knobs to the right until the jog wheel LED changes and then turn them slightly down to ensure optimal sensitivity
    • Make sure you have your XLR or 1/4” outputs wired and set up for sound. Note: The RCA ports and inputs and this is often confused
    • Start jamming!
    __

the first movements of your faders are unpredictable, once traktor knows at what position the faders is, everything should work as predicted. (Same behaviour here on my VCI100SE)
    if you donīt like the way the software responses you can tweak the range in the preferences and for more adjustment change the parameters in your tsi mapping.
    Last edited by c0nsul; 06-22-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Tech Mentor

So in other words RTFM?
    Sorry 'bout that. Shift key on my laptop or is there a shift key on the controller I am unaware of?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos406 View Post
    So in other words RTFM?
    Well, YES!

Press the Shift button in the center of your controller and move the pitch faders into the middle position.

Let us know, if your problem is solved.