Macbook pro replacement chargers
    Tech Wizard

Default Macbook pro replacement chargers

Mines has kicked the bucket i think. Is telling me its not charging and the green light has stopped working, or is very faint. I have noticed it getting worse over the last few weeks. But stopped completely today.

Anyone had much experience with the replacement ones on ebay? They look exactly like the old version. Maybe even lots of left over stock from the manufacture that got sold off without the apple logo?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60W-AC-Ada...ht_1863wt_1189

Hell of a lot cheaper anyway.

Tech Wizard

Just read this part of the ad "you may find that the specification is correct but the picture varies slightly from the charger that you are replacing. Despite this, variations such as tip colour and connector angle ie. straight/angled will not affect compatibility or performance."

Maybe they don't look so similar then. Still, can anyone advice me before i waste any money.

Recently bought one of these as my adapter also packed up - Works brilliantly!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try this before you buy anything http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964 (assuming you don't have another charger to try with your lappy)

The battery does not appear to be charging properly.
    The MagSafe power adaptor LED doesn't appear to indicate the correct activity.

Tech Wizard

Yeh i tried that, no luck though :-( But thanks. I put the charger in a friends macbook and it done the same thing so it must. I am just going to try one of these ones, for £17 compared to £50 i will take the risk.

My girlfriend went through 3 exchanges of some off ebay before she gave up and bought one at the Apple store.