Reloop or Vestax ... I know it's been asked before
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Reloop or Vestax ... I know it's been asked before

Hi everyone ...

I'm on the edge of buying a new controller (currently working with Traktor 3.4 and an X Sessions Pro). since they don't sell VCI 100's here anymore (don't ask me why) I have to buy it overseas. However, they do sell (and recommend) the new reloop digital jockey. Now, I've read the all the threads
    available, but most are quite old ....

So, quick bottom-line advice from all of you gear heads out there
    (bare in mind, I already have a sound card, I'm upgrading to Pro
    and I play mostly house and balearic kinda stuff)

Thanks a bunch
    Ariel aka Little Papa

Tech Mentor

RMX steel, I have to rep hercules O_o, the VCI is a solid controller though. If you dont mind reprogramming the RMX than it could be worthwhile, its super affordable, the vci is expensive (I guess the touch sensitive jogs are costly)
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

The VCI-100, no contest.

From what I've seen of the Reloop, it looks to be a cheap, plasticy knock off.

The VCI is quality, through and through. Add to that the fact that the firmware 1.4 upgrade is soon (fingers crossed) to be here, and the VCI is gonna kick ass on a whole new level.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

+1 VCI-100, I own 2 of the VCI's...SE & a Project VCI w/FW 1.3. There are bulit like a tank, and the resale is pretty good just incase you dont like it. If you get the reloop I would look at craigslist to see if anyone is getting rid of one for cheap.
    Last edited by JesC; 04-30-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey, I'm in the same boat as yours.

I'm now decided to purchase either a vci 100 (black edition) or a digital jockey controller edition, version 2 that seems to be released in JUNE 2009...

I first was totally impressed and interested by the reloop, but browsing the web for infos and comparatives, I then noticed 2 things:

- reloop is still relatively "unknown", the "users pool" seems tiny, and there are no real useful forums... while the few reviews (user reviews) seem to say it's a good piece of gear, not so cheap and well designed.

- while checking the comparisons for the VCI, I found a wide universe of users and people like Ean Golden, and those forums and others, were you feel that VCI users are parts of a kind of great community sharing tips and helping each other...

and that seem really secure.

I still don't really know... the reloop DJ 2 isn't out yet, and the say "JUNE" as the release month, but like for the 1st version it could take much more long months to wait...

the VCI is now 1.2 firmware, and the new black VCIs that are sold on ebay and other sellers are totally new upgraded pieces of gear. With DJTechtools it seems that for a few $$ we can acquire the upgrade pack and then move to 1.3.... and perhap's 1.4... ?

this seems really useful, and let me believe VCI is a really serious choice, long-term secure, isnt'it?

well, as you can see, at this point of the debate, I'm pretty well inclined to choose the VCI (I can buy a new, sealed box black one, for 380 euros shipping included...)....

well, who's gonna make the first step?

cheers

Vestax all the way !!!!!!!!

Yup the VCI-100 is really the safe choice - we want to get some of these other units that are running around the moment into DJTT and do some more comparisons because we get asked these questions quite a lot.

While i will be the first to admit that the VCI-100 isn't the end all and be all of controllers, but currently there isn't a huge choice in the market. There is definitely room for improvement but given the solutions that we currently have available to us the VCI-100 is right up there with the best.

With so many companies putting our these format decks the competition is pretty close between the Vestax VCI-100 unit and some of the other available options like for instance the Numark Stealth Control. The competition is really so close that now its really coming down to personal taste. Which actually is really kind of sad in reality because most manufacturers(not all) are just ripping off one an other's ideas and making basic carbon copies of one another's units

It doesn't matter what controller you are using though we are eager to help !

As said previously though if your new to this and your not very keen on working with material there is little the online tutorials\documentation for the VCI-100 does make a lot of sense because of the sheer amount of information there is on this website on this site about this device. That said a large amount of the information on the VCI-100 actually does apply to pretty much all midi controllers, you just need to learn to re appropriate the material for your own uses on your controller.

Were trying our best to expand the amount of controllers and software that we cover so DJTT can be home for all sorts of controllerists not just those using a VCI-100 and Traktor.

So basically everyone's welcome to join in on the fun that is DJTT Even Tekki with his BCR

Thanks for this nice and objective answer

I'm really near to order my black vci,,,

the only thing that annoys me is to think the pitch fader seems to be unuseful for lots of people to match the tempos totally manually, without using the sync option of the software...

that's why the reloop DJ 2 is attractive with it's 14bit pitch faders (and now sensitive jogwheels, surely copying the vestax's ones!)

well, you're right that's just a matter of personnal taste, and since I'm used to musical gear and midi since 10 years I totally understand your statements. (I'm just a total noob in the digital dj realm, I produce tracks and play live with laptop and controllers since some times, but I want to compliment my live set with mp3 mixing abilities )

well, cheeers

I've had a Reloop Digital Jockey (Interface Edition, 1st Revision),
    and actually i have to say that its actually not bad for the price.

But never used a Vestax though, so i have no comparison.

The reloop looks like a nice piece of kit, how much are they do ya reckon?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast