VCI-400 Firmware upgrade makes it stand alone mixer - Link. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

To me the most exciting part about this news is that the firmware will be user updatable from the factory with no extra cables or update chips.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    To me the most exciting part about this news is that the firmware will be user updatable from the factory with no extra cables or update chips.

and without voiding the guarantee
    huge improvement compared to the vci100

and will come in handy if DJTT releases its fw.. cannot wait

vestax europe is asking for ideas for improving a next version of the fw https://www.facebook.com/groups/vci400/

Quote Originally Posted by Vestax Europe
    hey guys, glad you are liking the news of our firmware update to make VCI400 a standalone mixer. This is the beginning of updates of functions and features for VCI400. But we would like to get your feedback on what you would like your VCI400 to have.. ???
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 03-22-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Vestax Europe also said that scratching on the jogs will never be as good as the S4 / s2... Boo. Which means that there is currently no pro grade software which uses the full potential of the VCI-400... It's hard for me to believe Vestax did not see this shortcoming...

I don't think it's a shortcoming they can fix. The S2 and S4 both speak to the software in NHL. No third party controller can do that. It's like the S2 and S4 are brother and sister to Traktor. The VCI is just a distant cousin.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

A hot cousin that you are not "really" related to?

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    A hot cousin that you are not "really" related to?
    Works for me
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I don't think it's a shortcoming they can fix. The S2 and S4 both speak to the software in NHL. No third party controller can do that. It's like the S2 and S4 are brother and sister to Traktor. The VCI is just a distant cousin.
    I mean Vestax knew that since there is no deal with either Itch or Traktor, no one is able to use the full potential of the jogs other than Serato Intro?! IMO you might as well buy a S2 and perhaps wait for the F1 or a midi fighter... Tighter scratch integration, all the functionality, and still mappable to anything you want...

Quote Originally Posted by thebeatworx View Post
    I mean Vestax knew that since there is no deal with either Itch or Traktor, no one is able to use the full potential of the jogs other than Serato Intro?! IMO you might as well buy a S2 and perhaps wait for the F1 or a midi fighter... Tighter scratch integration, all the functionality, and still mappable to anything you want...
    Unless your not bothered about scratching liike most dj's

Scratch = turntable
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Unless your not bothered about scratching liike most dj's

Scratch = turntable

It saddens me that you have this opinion about turntablism... Technology has made it possible for everyone and their mothers to add "I'm a DJ" to their resume... but very few can separate themselves from the pack... I believe the techniques of turntablism should continue to be supported and promoted by new technology because it's a part of DJing and one of the few aspects of the art that hasn't / or can't be replaced by a button or knob... and it is a direct extension of the DJs physical and creative ability to take audio and make it their own. (i.e. Some DJ's can't "Beatmash" and "Flanger" their transitions because their software / hardware doesn't have the effects as opposed to some DJ's who can't scratch, because... well... they themselves can't scratch.) And I don't want to get into another "Controllerism vs. Turntablism" argument, I'm just saying that it is sad if most DJs don't get bothered by your statement that most DJs don't care.

Just stating a fact...

Most dj's probably don't scratch - certainly can't remember any house dj's do it for about 20 years, so it's irrelevent how the controllers jogs perform.

You can't call it turntablism, if you have no turntables...
    SC | MC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast