Syncing tracks with S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Syncing tracks with S4

I cant seem to fiqure out why when im mixing 2 tracks that are on different bpms the first on 134 the second on 150 when i switchto the second the bpm changes when i want it tostay at 134. Hope this makes sense.

Do you have "sync" on?

Tech Mentor

Turn sync off. lol.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    Turn sync off. lol.
    On the right or left track do i turn of the sync when i want to mix between the two

Turn off sync altogether on both decks and learn to beat match....learn the basics of mixing first.

And how are you mixing without beat matching? Wouldn't that just sound like noise?

I'm not trying to be rude, but honestly just trying to see what you were attempting.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
    Turn off sync altogether on both decks and learn to beat match....learn the basics of mixing first.

And how are you mixing without beat matching? Wouldn't that just sound like noise?

I'm not trying to be rude, but honestly just trying to see what you were attempting.

I want to have it spot on so i want it auto synced to record a set of all my tracks im a producer really. So i want the tracks to flow without having to worry about manually beatmatching as im not that used to S4 yet.

Tech Mentor

just mix your tracks in a DAW

So the problem evolves from not being able to beatmatch, to not being able to sync.

Tech Convert

Keep both sync buttons on, choose the master bpm in Traktor and off you go....you have obviously ran these tracks through the beat-grid beforehand yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SaviourDJ View Post
    Keep both sync buttons on, choose the master bpm in Traktor and off you go....you have obviously ran these tracks through the beat-grid beforehand yes?
    No don't do that...

I think he wants his music playing at the original bpm's not synced together.

Turn off sync on both decks and they should stay at their original tempo.
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast