Help!!! I need idea's???

Default Help!!! I need idea's???

So i was asked to join a band today, by a guy that i played with a few years back. Not a deal, but they don't want me to play guitar, bass, or keys par say. They want me to run the drums, synths and the bass lines, all live. I'm going to pre-program the drums for all songs, this i already know. And i'm going to have to program some of the synth and basslines, but i want to do as much live as possible. So i need help choosing controllers, and deciding which software to use. My idea is to get a M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, as my main controller, since it has and 88 key set up, which might be overkill, but it has a lot of knobs faders and button, which i plan on using a lot. And par this up with a foot controller of some sort, possible build one. And possible use ableton live for all of this with some NI plugins (Pro-53 is awesome). But i would like to get as many opinions as i can, so i don't end up getting a setup that is a pain in the ass for me to use on stage, when somebody here might have a better idea. Right now we're just starting to write songs, so my shitty midi keyboard, and my korg nano kontrol will serve for the time being. But like i said i need ideas.??????

id reccomend either the novation or axiom SL25 or the 49 if you want lots of keyboard keys. sounds like a fun opportunity, personally id def use ableton, but ive never used anything els along the same lines. im pretty confident ableton will be able to do whatever you want it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

hey i dont really have any idea's but if ur lookin into making a MIDI footswitch here is a good thread about it

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.p...657e02cd363dff
    fart.

Thanks man. I've actually checked that out, someone posted it on here not too long ago. But, i appreciate the feedback, keep 'em coming.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I would recommend two controllers for this. If you are controlling drums and synths and all, I'd get a pad controller (PadKontrol, MPD24/32, Trigger Finger, MIDIFighter) for the drums and sample triggers and a keyboard for pads and more hands on things.

The main reason I'd say that is for more of a visual experience. Seeing a guy jump from difference pieces of gear is just more engaging.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

word the more fun you look like your having then the more fun they will have
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

I really like the midifighter, where can i get one???

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

From MIDIFidler, on the board. He's gotta build each one himself. Not sure what the status on that is, though.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall