Maschine Mikro : automation with... 1 knob?

Default Maschine Mikro : automation with... 1 knob?

I'm seriously considering getting a maschine mikro because it is so much more affordable at the moment than a full sized maschine, but I'm worried about losing functionality by not having the 8 macro knobs. I have Massive, so being able to tweak the macros would be really useful. can one still control one of those knobs at a time with the Mikro's knob?
    basically: can I still record automation with just the single knob on the mikro?

As far as I remember, yes. It has a special set of arrow keys that shift the knob's function to one of the 4 parameters on the "first page" of the Maschine, then a Nav button that scrolls between pages of screens. But that's just my understanding of it, I can't confirm it directly. But owning a Maschine, I can say that if you don't mind looking at the laptop more, you aren't losing out on anything. Automations are recorded to the sequencer, so you can overdub them however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    you aren't losing out on anything.
    is the selected parameter somehow highlighted in the Maschine software? or are you saying it isn't much worth getting a maschine.
    Anyway, thanks for the tip. I was inclined to think it was possible, but was unable to confirm that with a bunch of digging.

It's sort of stacked on the Mikros screen, and highlighted on it, I'm not sure about on the laptop screen though. It would surprise me if it wasn't though, NI have designed a ton of ways to get around the full software in that tiny controller, for $350, the Mikro offers just too much damn power to pass up. If you can spring for the full version, it's more "comfortable," but it's kind of the CDJ-900 vs the CDJ-2000, only without a different feature set. You won't be disappointed in the Mikro, unless you really need a completely laptop-screen free setup.