Sample Decks, One Shots w/o Snap?
    Tech Mentor

Default Sample Decks, One Shots w/o Snap?

Hey everybody, been creeping the forum for a long time and finally came up with a question worth posting...

I'm running Deck 4 as a sample deck with 4 one shot samples, I usually just toss a few kicks and some stabs to throw in randomly. I have two issues that I haven't been able to sort out, searching on here didn't find anything either.

1. How do I get Deck 4 to ignore snapping? If I press a sample button just a little off, the sample gets clipped, or if I want to play on a up-beat, it sometimes won't launch at all.
    2. If I launch a sample, and then try to launch it again before it has played out, it mutes the sample. Is there any way to change this behavior?

Thanks again, apologies if any of this is a repost.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bormaley View Post
    incredible things
    Yeaaa... about that

Tech Wizard

You wanna use the samples in a stutter effect?
    Macbook 13"/ Traktor s2/Mixmeister/fruity loops..........Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. And until you get the one you want, I hope you'll stay with the station of the stars(CASEY KASEM/KRLA).........http://bit.ly/JorTLg

Tech Mentor

The best way I can describe it, is that I want one shot samples to behave more like they would on an MPC. kevinmcdonough figured out part of the problem over in the VCI-400 forum, the rest might just be a matter of practicing to get all the hits on time...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1. Turn sync off that deck
    2. That's because you have it mapped as play/pause, you need to assign a retrigger command. You could use a modifier to tell traktor to play the clip if it is stopped and retrigger it if it's already playing (MPC does).

Tech Mentor

1. I'm not at home right now, but I don't remember there being a sync button in the GUI for sample decks.
    2. That's the conclusion we came to in the other thread, kind of ashamed that I didn't figure that one out myself...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It doesn't, but it does have a MIDI command .