Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

That is true, I just don't want to undersell myself and work for peanuts and a bar tab. I understand what I do takes skill, and I value that skill. The city is Raleigh, NC and it's at one of the higher-brow clubs (no Top-40 here). I want to charge a lot more for the point that I take what I do seriously, I'm fully aware that the club gig alone is a reward in the form of a learning experience. I just don't want to sound like every other VDJ hack in this city.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

I understand the point about being taken seriously, but if you ask for too much you'll just get laughed at. It's basic economics dude. Lots of DJs (supply) Limited Clubs (demand). Be willing to take less, or at the most the industry/city standard and get your foot in the door to show what you can do. I'd be willing to bet this place already has a set amount they like to pay DJs and the guy probably won't be willing to budge from that, especially from someone with no track record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12