penny for your thoughts

Default penny for your thoughts

I have been using Traktor pro for about a year now with a vms4, and it is time for an upgrade. I recently got a launchpad, and found a mapping for it that models after a midi fighter for both decks, 8 hot cues, looping etc.. I have really enjoyed that, I would like to model my next set up around cue juggling, effects, with a little bit of sampling. I was thinking about getting a Twitch, with one or two midi fighter pros and mapping my launchpad to control sample decks a little better. I am wondering about someones thoughts might be on this or helpful suggestions?

I am not a big fan of controllers with jog wheels, granted some are very cool, but I would rather put my money in to getting a good external mixer to have the option of being able to advance however I might want later on.

I do have a Akai EiE for an external sound card as well.

I don't know if you followed the controllers to be released in the next few months, but if i were you i would give a look at the Kontrol F1 to be released on May, 30th.

thanks for the response, I have been following upcoming controller releases and the F1 has defiantly peaked my interest. I was thinking of 2 of those instead of a launchpad and have a twitch for mixing and a MF pro for extra effects and cue juggling, I think those could work well together?

Well, 2 F1 seem an overkill imo. You can navigate through samples banks, so unless you need 32 samples at the same time, it's useless.
    I have never used a lauchpad, but keep in mind that it has no knobs or faders, while the F1 has some, and ask yourself do you need all the launchpad buttons for a use in a DJ setup with Traktor ?

About the MFpro, mmmh it can be fun with crazy mappings for FX, but well, I find controllerismn routines fun for like 5 minutes, it seems like an overkill to me too.
    Not to mention the Twitch that has a shit loads of buttons, so you may be able to do cue juggling and map it to FX combos at the same time.

Really, all the gear you mentioned can be used, but you should avoid overkilling. It feels like your setup and mappings will be redundant with all the buttons you'll have :)

Very true, I get what you are saying. It does seem like quite a lot of overkill.

As for the F1 having 32 samples seems a bit much for sure , my needs don't really require that and an MF pro seem does fun could be a neat thing to having or bring out once in awhile.

Sticking with just a twitch might be my best option for now till I can afford to expand in to CDJ's combined with an X1 or something like the DDJ-T