JPW's bar setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JPW's bar setup

Interesting... You serve tribute and doom bar and you're not too far away (I'm in Exeter)... This could happen.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

And all of this is in a basement?!

Btw cool blog. I liked the out of focus landscape with white text. SO HIP

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JPW View Post
    Thank you, it's in Falmouth in Cornwall! Pint-wise we've got Tribute (St. Austell), Cornish Knocker (Skinners) and occasionally Doom Bar (Sharps). (As well as Carlsberg, Guinness, Thatchers Gold and Rattler).
    My sort of place this, looks great, especially with the local real ale (puts hand up to being a fully fledged CAMRA member ).

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Interesting... You serve tribute and doom bar and you're not too far away (I'm in Exeter)... This could happen.
    Just what I was thinking, a visit is tempting although I'm little further up the road in Dorset (OT, Exeter - one of my old haunts whilst at Uni, used to spend a fortune in Reform).
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    (OT, Exeter - one of my old haunts whilst at Uni, used to spend a fortune in Reform).
    Where was that? A lot of the places have new names now but most of them are still in the same places.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

Where was that? A lot of the places have new names now but most of them are still in the same places.
    I can imagine, I've not been down for a few years. Reform Records used be down in Fore Street but then moved up to Little Castle St (near Timepiece), I think they're back down in Fore St again now(?). I used to do a night at Timepiece a good few years ago now and would head to The Cavern and Phoenix (Gandy St) for nights out a lot, plus hold my hand up to entering Rococo and Warehouse (on the quay) for student nights Pub wise - Bowling Green, Black Horse, Red Cow, Coolings, The Imperial etc.

Good times

What's the current popular choice at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    I can imagine, I've not been down for a few years. Reform Records used be down in Fore Street but then moved up to Little Castle St (near Timepiece), I think they're back down in Fore St again now(?). I used to do a night at Timepiece a good few years ago now and would head to The Cavern and Phoenix (Gandy St) for nights out a lot, plus hold my hand up to entering Rococo and Warehouse (on the quay) for student nights Pub wise - Bowling Green, Black Horse, Red Cow, Coolings, The Imperial etc.

Good times

What's the current popular choice at the moment?
    Oh reform records! I thought you meant an old club called reform. Yeh, it's back down on fore street in a little arcade. Warehouse was Mambo's and Tiffany's when I first got here in 2008 but it closed at the beginning of 2009. Of course Rococo's and Lemmy saturdays are still shit (although the Lemmy now has a Funktion One sound system, confusingly), and the cavern I imagine is as it always has been - hot and sweaty but good music. I might be heading down there tonight actually.

The Phoenix still does good nights and there's a new place on the quay called cellar door which I've heard good things about but never been to. Apparently they do a lock-in til 6am every other tuesday. I live right by the vic so that covers most of my pub needs!

Tech Wizard

Just put some decals on my mac...

If you look carefully you can sort of make out that it says 'JPW'.

...in the style of the midifighter logo.
    www.andpartyandbullshit.com
    http://soundcloud.com/andpartyandbullshit/xmix_1-by-jpw

VCI-400 EGE, A&H Xone 92, A&H Xone 22, A&H ZED14, 2 x Technics 1210, 2 x Void Mycro 10, QSC RMX2450.

Tech Guru

Oh reform records! I thought you meant an old club called reform. Yeh, it's back down on fore street in a little arcade. Warehouse was Mambo's and Tiffany's when I first got here in 2008 but it closed at the beginning of 2009. Of course Rococo's and Lemmy saturdays are still shit (although the Lemmy now has a Funktion One sound system, confusingly), and the cavern I imagine is as it always has been - hot and sweaty but good music. I might be heading down there tonight actually.

The Phoenix still does good nights and there's a new place on the quay called cellar door which I've heard good things about but never been to. Apparently they do a lock-in til 6am every other tuesday. I live right by the vic so that covers most of my pub needs!
    Good to hear some things are still the same, but a F1 rig in the Lemmy, wow, thats a good development! The Vic, job done!!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JPW View Post
    Just put some decals on my mac...

If you look carefully you can sort of make out that it says 'JPW'.

...in the style of the midifighter logo.
    nice, what is the music policy in your bar btw?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MidContrast View Post
    Btw cool blog. I liked the out of focus landscape with white text. SO HIP
    Thanks man! Yeah, so hip it hurts. We get all the trendy graphic designers etc drinking in the bar so I try at least to keep an eye on popular trends. Keep an eye out for crosses ( X ) in logos at the moment, they seem to be everywhere!
    www.andpartyandbullshit.com
    http://soundcloud.com/andpartyandbullshit/xmix_1-by-jpw

VCI-400 EGE, A&H Xone 92, A&H Xone 22, A&H ZED14, 2 x Technics 1210, 2 x Void Mycro 10, QSC RMX2450.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast