And on the flip side, here's some Deep House tracks for peeps to take a look at

Default And on the flip side, here's some Deep House tracks for peeps to take a look at

Here's some deep house tracks that I have in the works for people to take a peek at as well.

The first one here is a subtle little jam that will sneak up on you with it's hypnotic Arp line and smooth, evolving pads.

The second one here is a bit more subdued, but that bassline more than makes up for it.

Cheers guys! Let me know what you think, if you don't like it! Always curious to hear what other producers think

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Both are good, but I think I like the first one more.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Anything "out of play" perhaps?

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I like em both, they both feel a little long though? Not in a wow this drags on kind of way, but it just feels like they could be shorter... might just be me though.

First one had some really nice energy, felt kinda more on the tech house side of things, still good and the buildup that happened at 2 min was nice and unexpected. Liked the second better for the more chill vibe and the percussion.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Thanks mate. A lot of people always say they are a "little" too long. But I look at it as two min intro/outro equals 4 mins, so that leaves you with the remainder being the actual meat of the track. And if it's a good track and groove that has some movement and is doing something then why and force it to be shorter?

But, with that being said, with how often I hear I probably should rethink the arrangement, or just sent it to a third party I trust and have them redo the arrangement.

But first and foremost though, whenever I make a track, it's a track that I make for myself to play out so this is really more a reflection on the kind of tracks I'm looking for when I'm digging as well.