1st gig question - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

to beat-matching-by-ear purists: thoughts on producers who jam an EDM set out live in Ableton? an on-the-fly set of loops of drums and synths and etc put together with something like the APC?
    still cheating?

Beatmatching is not hard. Fact.

If you can count, and have ears that work, you can beatmatch. Beatmatching odd time signatures or strange genres is difficult, but a little bit of practice and it's easy enough.

It doesn't make a DJ, and someone who can beatmatch but programs music like he's American Idol is still going to be a shit DJ.
    brainfried - http://soundcloud.com/brainfried - http://www.facebook.com/DJbrainfried
    Kontrol S4 - Audio 2 - MidiFighter Classic - Akai MPD26 - Torq Xponent (retired)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    It shouldnt matter how you make people dance, just as long as you do.
    Speakin the truth here, thats all that matters, the people. The only people who will ever care about what your djing on or how your doing it are other DJ's and the club owners. other than that the people you play to will only judge how well you play
    Numark Mixtrack Pro - Novation Launchpad - VDJ 7 PRO (dont hate I like VDJ) - Ableton suite 8.x.x - Thinkpad 13' Laptop

...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.

Quote Originally Posted by DJelixeR View Post
    to your psy trance issues, i would recommend starting off the night with top 40 songs. every few songs slip in a little bit of psy trance. if people seem to enjoy it, go into more and more psy trance but if when you do play psy trance people stop dancing or leave, then stick to top 40's. one of te most valuable skills a dj has is to be able to read the crowd! best of luck to you my friend!
    Tech house mixes into the lower bpm range ( 128 - 133) progressive psy pretty well. just bump up the bpm and acid content by a few bpm's every 30 minutes or so
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

...that last bit is completely sig-able if anyone chooses to.
    Sold!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I know alot of cdj djs that were terrible vinyl djs but great cdj djs because of a nice little feature called bpm read out and another thing call quant. I've watched cdj users who say they beat match unable to get even close on vinyl.

Shit try djing a set with quant off bet half cdj djs these days can't do it. I have 2 friends ones a vinyl purists others a cdj
    Guy cdj guy can not for the life of him trigger a cue on time without quant vinyl guy can.

That is not a localized issue alot of cdj djs struggle it's called being so used to something you by habit don't even think about it the old way.

Personally my biggest gripe about itch was none other then no fucking quant. Took me about 5minutes to go What The Fuck⚡ and now I'm back in my old ways will trigger a cue on beat in time roughly 95% of the time.

Tl;dr most cdj guys can't really beatmatch and I'd they didn't have quant they couldn't do have the shit they do. Also you know how many vinyl djs flip through bpm readout on a djm600 when they came out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456