ableton intro vs traktor 2.5 for looping station with band
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ableton intro vs traktor 2.5 for looping station with band

Ok, I have posted before about using traktor duo 2 or ableton for looping station and some responses were pro ableton. Understandable given that's what Live is for.
    However, with the upcoming traktor 2.5 with remix decks would it be doable and more flexible/fun to use that instead of ableton. Thanks in advance.

What loops are you going to use?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    What loops are you going to use?
    some of the songs we play, but mostly sample pack stuff and edits of other chill out songs

you will have 64 sample slots available in both live intro and traktor 2.5 but you will easily be able to load new sets of samples into a remix deck in traktor. i would def wait until 2.5 is out so we can really get a feel for how flexible it is.

i have a full version of live5 and the live8le that came with my launchpad. haven't used live8le much - really seems like just a package to get a feel for live and then u buy the full version if u want it. but... if all u ever need is 8 banks of 8 samples then it would do fine and comes free with a launchpad. you'd want something like that to control it too.

edit: unless ableton "intro" is different to ableon "le" ?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Who knows? the software is not released yet. But think about it... everything is on the same screen with Traktor, everything is internally sync... no need to mess with anything else to route the audio etc etc.

HOWEVER, unless you only want to launch clips/loops in Ableton, you have more "features" and possibilities than within Traktor. (Warping (even if limited with Intro), Vst support etc etc).
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Who knows? the software is not released yet. But think about it... everything is on the same screen with Traktor, everything is internally sync... no need to mess with anything else to route the audio etc etc.

HOWEVER, unless you only want to launch clips/loops in Ableton, you have more "features" and possibilities than within Traktor. (Warping (even if limited with Intro), Vst support etc etc).
    I do have launchpad which I bought for what I wanted to do. It has Live intro of course and that is fine.
    I also have a two deck Pyle PMIDI 100, which takes care of the basic functions in my Traktor duo 2.

I am debating whether to use launchpad and pmidi controller for Traktor 2.5, seems like a no brainer. Then use Ableton for offline edits and remixes. Thanks again.

certainly sounds like a no brainer to wait and see what 2.5 is like anyway given that it's a free upgrade. u might want to upgrade to full ableton for offline edit/remix stuff or use some other software. LE seems pretty basic in that regard tho i haven't used it loads.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    certainly sounds like a no brainer to wait and see what 2.5 is like anyway given that it's a free upgrade. u might want to upgrade to full ableton for offline edit/remix stuff or use some other software. LE seems pretty basic in that regard tho i haven't used it loads.
    It is an 8x8 grid, no complex warp mode. 12 effects and 12 vst. It seems to have enough for now.

cool - not bad at all then... being able to use vst's in ableton is very handy. i've been using them with my old (but full version) of live5 quite a lot recently. i guess it was the max 8x8 grid thing that put me off, certainly limiting for live use anyway. there again it is basically free software with a launchpad so i shouldn't grumble

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    cool - not bad at all then... being able to use vst's in ableton is very handy. i've been using them with my old (but full version) of live5 quite a lot recently. i guess it was the max 8x8 grid thing that put me off, certainly limiting for live use anyway. there again it is basically free software with a launchpad so i shouldn't grumble
    I have a Live 5 license (full) but it goes up to 86-96 percent with two plugins and 3 clips? on my windows 7 machine. I have an amd turion 64 and 3gig ram. 1.9gig processor. SO I had to get Live intro 8. It only does 17percent max with a few tracks and plugins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast